Home Sports Talk
Options

Women's NCAA Final 4 predictions?

41 point 12 assists and 10 rebounds for the Iowa star. If South Carolina has great defense then it should be a great game.

I think Virgina Tech will take an early lead on LSU and stay ahead most of the game.

Being a U of Iowa alum..class of 05...
IOWA 76 South Carolina 72
VT 70 LSU 61

Comments

  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

    0-1

    Definitely great matches. Can't wait to see the second half of the SC VS Iowa game.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't really follow women's college basketball, but this thread got me curious about it, congrats on knocking off unbeaten South Carolina and advancing to the national championship, hope you win it all!

  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

    I've always thought a state without a professional sports team usually has a larger college following.

    I didn't jump onto the women's basketball bandwagon until the big10 tournament.

    I had a lucky guess on the Iowa prediction. Everyone around here seems to think Iowa faced the biggest challenge in the tournament last night.

    Iowa fans have been pushing for a Men's vs Women's match up in Carver Hawkeye Arena this year.

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't watch much college Basketball at all but I caught myself staying interested a couple weeks ago watching a game, they play fundamentally sound Basketball instead of launching 3's

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

    To the OP good luck with your team 🍻

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    I don't watch much college Basketball at all but I caught myself staying interested a couple weeks ago watching a game, they play fundamentally sound Basketball instead of launching 3's

    ...
    The small amount I've watched was definitely more fundamental. That was years ago. This year I just watched the final. There were tons of 3s. I'm sure this isn't the norm, but I also assume the best teams now take a lot of 3s.

  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @JolleyWrencher said:
    I've always thought a state without a professional sports team usually has a larger college following.

    I didn't jump onto the women's basketball bandwagon until the big10 tournament.

    I had a lucky guess on the Iowa prediction. Everyone around here seems to think Iowa faced the biggest challenge in the tournament last night.

    Iowa fans have been pushing for a Men's vs Women's match up in Carver Hawkeye Arena this year.

    Iowa women may have been in the championship game but a game between them and the mens team?
    Total annihilation.
    The first thing I notice is how slow the women are going up and down the court. The men would destroy them on fast break points. And the women wouldn’t get many rebounds and a lot of their shots would get blocked.
    The womens game has improved a lot but they’re light years behind the mens game.

  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

    When I grew up in Northern Illinois near the Iowa border, the local tv station would broadcast the high school girls 6 on 6 basketball state tournament. It stayed 6 on 6 until 1994, when they went to 5 on 5.

    If you are not familiar with the old 6 x6 format, each team had 3 offense and 3 defense players who could not cross half court, so it was kind of a 3 on 3 format.

    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Alfonz24 said:
    When I grew up in Northern Illinois near the Iowa border, the local tv station would broadcast the high school girls 6 on 6 basketball state tournament. It stayed 6 on 6 until 1994, when they went to 5 on 5.

    If you are not familiar with the old 6 x6 format, each team had 3 offense and 3 defense players who could not cross half court, so it was kind of a 3 on 3 format.

    ...
    I have never heard of that. Interesting.

    Much like many people don't know candlepin bowling.

  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If one attends a women's Division 1 basketball game or a WNBA in person and sit in courtside seats you would be amazed at the speed, quickness, power and athleticism on display.

    While viewing these games on TV and comparing them to men's D-1 and NBA games illustrates the superior physical skills of the men's teams, that does not mean the women's teams are not good.

    One just has to observe these games, in person, up close, to see and appreciate the high quality of same.

    Anyone who makes a D-1, WNBA or NBA roster (even as a bench warmer occupying the final roster spot) is in the top 0.00001% of the best of the best players.

  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:

    @Alfonz24 said:
    When I grew up in Northern Illinois near the Iowa border, the local tv station would broadcast the high school girls 6 on 6 basketball state tournament. It stayed 6 on 6 until 1994, when they went to 5 on 5.

    If you are not familiar with the old 6 x6 format, each team had 3 offense and 3 defense players who could not cross half court, so it was kind of a 3 on 3 format.

    ...
    I have never heard of that. Interesting.

    Much like many people don't know candlepin bowling.

    An old Youtube video.

    https://youtu.be/C6FLORIvHKQ

    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Alfonz24 said:

    @thisistheshow said:

    @Alfonz24 said:
    When I grew up in Northern Illinois near the Iowa border, the local tv station would broadcast the high school girls 6 on 6 basketball state tournament. It stayed 6 on 6 until 1994, when they went to 5 on 5.

    If you are not familiar with the old 6 x6 format, each team had 3 offense and 3 defense players who could not cross half court, so it was kind of a 3 on 3 format.

    ...
    I have never heard of that. Interesting.

    Much like many people don't know candlepin bowling.

    An old Youtube video.

    https://youtu.be/C6FLORIvHKQ

    ...
    So after a made shot, the refs advance it to half court. I find that interesting.

  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

    Very interesting points. The 6 vs 6 was something my parents and sisters talked about but I don't recall it as a kid. This would be cool, not as a NBA replacement, but as an additional league where skilled players in only offense, or defense, would be fun to watch. It may be better to have 8 vs 8 for more action.

Sign In or Register to comment.