Home Q & A Forum

coin collection question

Good morning everyone,

I have a newbie question, I inherited about 100 old silver coins, most are Morgan silver dollars with various dates, and I have some silver eagles that are graded, what should I do to have an expert give me the value of these coins? I really don't know where to go and don't know who to trust. I know how to look up coins and their relative value bullion-wise but am wondering if I will be missing out iif I have possibly ones that are hard to come by. My end goal is to sell the collection.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Comments

• PapiNEPapiNE Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2023 12:01PM
    1. Local Coin Shop
    2. Red Book 2023
    3. This forum w/pictures

Your biggest challenge is determining the grade and authenticity. PCGS photograde and sprucecrafts have some nice guides for grading. Use PCGS price guide for a wag on the graded ones. Authenticity is generally weight, demensions, and appearance. GL

USAF veteran 1984-2005

• MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show us some photos and we'll see if we can help!

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like MarkKelley said, post some photos, both side (Obv & Rev) and I'm sure you will get what you are asking for.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Check the buy/sell forum here and check other places like Ebay for latest sale prices before heading to your local
    coin dealer. Know the product well.

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Coin shop is going to offer you a smaller price than collectors will. Sell them on the PCGS boards and get what YOU want.

Dan
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

There are also other venues you can try. are they graded?

Dan