Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For what e-bay is capable of watch 60 minutes tonight!

I hope CBS can protect their journalists from the corporation that is the subject of telecast.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

The DVR is set on record.... :)

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's reprehensible.... the text messages etc... from the top of the Co.

• Options

"60 minutes" busting tech companies?? What's this world coming to? Maybe 20-30 years ago ... but now? Kudos to 60 for acting "independently" ?... Do I dare say?

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2023 9:07AM

Wow.. crazy POP TARTS !

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Also, the 2 top ebay officials are immune from prosecution. The CEO walks away with a 57-million-dollar Package.
    Corporate America has turned into legalized criminals.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed it, what happened? Cliff notes anyone?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Craig
    From top down allegedly........CEO...........
    married couple who writes a magazine about ebay were terrorized by ebay employees. 7 go to jail but the top executives not touched.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

@jay0791 said:
    Craig
    From top down allegedly........CEO...........
    married couple who writes a magazine about ebay were terrorized by ebay employees. 7 go to jail but the top executives not touched.

Holy Cow! that is terrible. I will have to see if i can go check it out on streaming. seems like that has always been the way, top dogs get away scott free

• Options

Just finished the episode. it is insane. I know they couldnt actually make the connections from the top down to the lower level employees, but it had to have been there. I cant imagine they just took it upon themselves to terrorize that couple. I have never heard of such a thing.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    Also, the 2 top ebay officials are immune from prosecution. The CEO walks away with a 57-million-dollar Package.
    Corporate America has turned into legalized criminals.

How about the fact that certain states have limits on how much you can sue for?
    You think this helps poor people?
    Watch the show "Dr. Death" and you will see one example of how this works.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Just finished the episode. it is insane. I know they couldnt actually make the connections from the top down to the lower level employees, but it had to have been there. I cant imagine they just took it upon themselves to terrorize that couple. I have never heard of such a thing.

Where did you find it - interesting in watching.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2023 10:29AM

It is on YouTube for those interested. Pretty disgusting behavior.

• Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Man, crazy, awful case. Can't believe eBay didn't get hit hard immediately. The husband of the couple was painful to listen too though - sounded like he was about to cry any moment.

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

@nendee said:
    Man, crazy, awful case. Can't believe eBay didn't get hit hard immediately. The husband of the couple was painful to listen too though - sounded like he was about to cry any moment.

Funny, I was wondering if he was that big of a weenie (this all happened years ago.. danger has subsided big guy), or if that’s his actual voice.

Goes without stating that the eBay behavior is almost hard to believe.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    Wow crucify a guy for getting emotional when thinking about a time when he thought his wife could legitimately get killed. They were probably interviewed for hours to get the few minute clips and a good reporter is going to bring them back to get that emotion out. Can’t believe that is what we are talking about.

No doubt. I'm not sure how I'd sound in his place, but it might not be a lot different. Between the anger and concern I'd be very emotional about eBay.

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I can't imagine doing a 60 minutes interview makes anyone feel safer after going through it and knowing the person(s) who paid for it are powerful, wealthy, and sadistic people that probably aren't happy they got exposed. It's potentially not over yet for these people.

Guy was probably a dead lift champion in the 70s.

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭

Back in the day a buddy of mine was so slow. How slow? It used to take him an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes.