Home Sports Talk
Options

this gonzaga game will set back

olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

offensive basketball 70 years. i feel pretty sure that a good high school team could play better offense than this.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonzaga has been lacking a good point guard all season.

Martin

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    offensive basketball 70 years. i feel pretty sure that a good high school team could play better offense than this.

You apparently didn't see Butler vs UConn in the Finals a few years back. UConn shot 34% and won by 12. Because Butler shot 18%.

In the Finals.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@olb31 said:

You apparently didn't see Butler vs UConn in the Finals a few years back. UConn shot 34% and won by 12. Because Butler shot 18%.

In the Finals.

Wow

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

no shame in losing to the team that's going to win it all. UConn had the bigs to invalidate Timme. they got him in foul trouble early in the 2nd half, then beat the pop tarts out of the rest of the team.

and speaking of Gonzaga, check out Adam Morrison looking younger now than he did as a player 17 years ago

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    no shame in losing to the team that's going to win it all. UConn had the bigs to invalidate Timme. they got him in foul trouble early in the 2nd half, then beat the pop tarts out of the rest of the team.

and speaking of Gonzaga, check out Adam Morrison looking younger now than he did as a player 17 years ago

He really does!

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@olb31 said:

In the Finals.

I did watch that game. Pitiful. It sure feels like there are times teams just don't belong.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:

Elite Eight during a "down season" for your program is absolutely no shame. UConn played great and Gonzaga played their worst 21 minutes in over two decades. Kudos to UConn, I hope they win it all.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonzaga has always been over-rated and will never with an NCAA championship even though so many hope they will. Not surprised, again, every year they are supposed to win but don't, LOL.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@olb31 said:

I did watch that game. Pitiful. It sure feels like there are times teams just don't belong.

Yup, like Gonezaiguh.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was happy with the result.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simple explanation. One and done.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Thats crazy. he really does. I think the haircut and losing the pedostache really helped!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited March 28, 2023 12:15AM

@spacehayduke said:
    Gonzaga has always been over-rated and will never with an NCAA championship even though so many hope they will. Not surprised, again, every year they are supposed to win but don't, LOL.

Not sure how they were overrated this year. Their average ranking was 11th. They were seeded 3rd in the tourney so should have been eliminated in the 3rd round but weren't.

Gonzaga did all of the following this year:

• beat UNC
    • beat MSU
    • beat Kentucky
    • beat Alabama
    • beat UCLA
    • beat Xavier
    • won their conference
    • won their conference tournament
    • made the Elite Eight
    • won 31 games

Most schools would consider that a pretty successful year.

And all year people wanted to know what was wrong with Gonzaga. They did all of the above and it's considered a bad year. Anybody who watched them all year knew they had little chance at a Final Four. They were a one man show and that one man carried them to an Elite Eight. That's pretty dang good.

I get it - there's Gonzaga fatigue to a degree. They're shoved down people's throats a little bit which creates backlash. Some of that's understandable.

No, they haven't won a National title. But they've done literally everything else.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a young Liev Schreiber

@galaxy27 said:

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tabe. They did not play UNC this year

Martin

• Options

@Martin said:
    @tabe. They did not play UNC this year

Martin

Yep, you're right. Got myself confused.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

UCONN stealing Denny Green's quote after the 29 point beat down :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited March 30, 2023 7:47PM

@Tabe said:
    I get it - there's Gonzaga fatigue to a degree. They're shoved down people's throats a little bit which creates backlash. Some of that's understandable.

Exactly, a powdunk little school that should be spending what funds they get on academics given how much they charge for tuition ($34K per year), but like many schools, huge cost over-runs to get their name out there for extra-cirricular sport, in this case basketball. And the folks hype it. They don't think of the cost to the other 8000 students there that pay that tuition for 15 kids to be treated as kings for throwing a round ball towards a hoop. For example, Ohio State has less cost over-runs for their sports entertainment buisness (yes I have looked this up) and can spread it over about 8-10 times the number of tuition paying students who pay less than 1/3 of the tuition than Gonzagaites as well. So the bigger schools don't run such a per capita deficit to play in the sports entertainment buisness and thus their students benefit more for the tuition they pay in terms of education for the buck. Gonzaga has no buisness doing this and should instead put their tuition money into full educational excellence. Let the big schools spend the money and minimize the cost to the rest of the students......... So they offend me and yes their popularity, despite what is going on behind the scenes in terms of funding the b-ball team and how it costs the other 8000 students, is shoving it down people's throats...................

• Options

That's a 100% fair criticism.