Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Great Collections - contact made!

Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 25, 2023 11:04PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Contact made and coins are being sent into GC.

Comments

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭

A phone call might help. I know their customer service responded when an order was processed wrong and the one phone call resolved the matter.

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you trying to get their attention? Just send Ian a PM - he’s a member here.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^ that's what I did the one time I sold with them. I got a response very quickly, had a little more back and forth, and then they sold my stuff for more than they estimated. A+

This wasn't a high value deal either. Their total cut wasn't more than a couple hundred bucks.

mirabela
  • Options
    AZDAVYAZDAVY Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

Sorry for your issues. I also have had nothing but great service from great collections.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2023 2:39PM

I have found GC customer service to be stellar.....responsive and knowledgeable.

edited to add: Why did you wait well over a month before sending the second email?

And then no response back from Raeleen? That's hard to believe.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your email may not getting to them. Try picking up the phone.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Herb_T ...GC has a great auction archives section and you may find your coin there and see what past results have been...

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several - relatively newish - email security standards that various providers are phasing in. Because of the type of protection (against spammers just using your address as the fake 'source'), you don't always see the bounce messages.

For whatever reason, my domain host doesn't let me set this up myself (which is weird they have everything else templated through their portal, but whatever). I called Ionos customer service and it was fixed in 5m.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn’t you look up prices realized to determine estimated results ? Unreasonable for you to ask what you should have done for yourself. With that said you should have received some kind of response.

• Options
    hbarbeehbarbee Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Ian and his team at GC are great folks to work with. In the middle of last year I was pursuing a coin and had reached my bidding limit that I was unaware of (my fault) on an auction that was to end on a Sunday. I sent an email to Ian and he increased my limit that Sunday beyond what I asked for so I could continue competing in the auction.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

GC is great to work with. I particularly like how they ship almost immediately after payment and don't overcharge on shipping.

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seldom have a reason to call them but the one time I did, Ian himself answered the phone. Couldn't be happier with their delivery times. Auction ends on Sunday. Items at my P.O. on Tuesday.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

The couple of times that I had questions about my orders at Great Collections, I received prompt and professional replies.

My communications were both telephonic and via email.

Great Collections is my favorite source for collector coins. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file