Home U.S. Coin Forum

CoinFacts Error #13

Susan B. Anthony $1 1979 P
Overstruck on a 1978 Jefferson nickel.
Therefore the Auction Record is irrelevant.

@PCGS_Moderator

Comments

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several of your posts involve "error" coins being listed as the "auction record" (i.e., 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and 13).

Your position is clear - you do not believe that "error" coins should be the "auction record".

PCGS will ultimately decide this issue. Either they are:
    ~ fine with the current reporting paradigm of 'bucketing' the "error" coins with the non-error coins, and considering both for the "auction record";
    ~ or, they are not fine with the current reporting paradigm. In this case, they will likely have to make a system change to address the issue.

No disrespect intended, but I am not sure that posting any additional reports about the same underlying issue is value-added. If PCGS is fine with the current approach, they are not going to do anything about the additional reports anyway. Conversely, if your feedback has convinced them to change the current approach, they probably do not need any more examples of the issue.

Like you said to me in post #7, "we'll see soon enough". I interpreted this to mean that PCGS will decide this issue. We just need to give them time to respond. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file