Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Artist Companion cards

JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I mainly used to like cards featuring game play but I've grown to appreciate other aspects of art that I wasn't open minded to before. I don't have much knowledge of this other than bowman/topps related Projects where the artists produce their own limited edition artwork.

There are a couple artists I like, and have purchased cards of, but I'd rather get opinions before tainting the discussion.

What do you think about collecting companion cards either for personal enjoyment, for value, or other reason?

Comments

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you talking about companion cards to the issues like Project 100 and the like?

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you talking about project 70, project 2020 and stuff like that? Since you asked for opinions, I’ll be honest: I think they’re garbage.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

What I like is that certain cards of players have become legendary and artists are making art appealing to some of us. Seems there are lots for vintage players like Mantle.

There are some I strongly dislike but others I would enjoy having.

I don't care about comics but there's a 1986 Fleer Jordan crossed with a batman character which seems popular. If I liked batman then I probably would get this card for something to actually display.