Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about PSA autographed cards

I'm looking through cards to send a PSA to get the dual grading done. I came across a couple of cards that I have questions about. I have never sent cards to PSA to get the autograph graded so I'm hoping someone can help me out here. The first card is Jonathan Taylor and as you can see the sticker was put on upside down. Is this something that PSA will knock a grade or two off because it was not put on correctly? The second card of Derrick Henry you can see that part of the "D" is off the sticker. Will this get knocked a grade or two two because the entire signature is not completely on the sticker? If these are potential downgrades I'd rather not send them in. Does anybody have any experience with these types of autograph issues? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 9:47AM

my honest opinion for PSA dual service is ONLY get it done if its:

1.) and IP auto where its required regardless of year
    2.) 1997 and below pack issued where its required

dual service on a PSA slab honestly otherwise is useless and doesnt really affect value. its simply not needed. now to answer your questions....

as for the first card, they probably won't even notice its upside down. ive seen panini do this alot, notably recently I saw a Dwyane Wade panini auto with an upside down sticker. I think it's really poor QC, but whatever. I dont think it would bring down the grade simply because it was placed incorrectly. they are grading the auto, not the sticker location. I would not bother sending this either as its honestly just a waste of money in my opinion.

as for the second card, any auto that has minor streaking or runs off the side of the sticker will be downgraded. Ive seen PSA 9 and 8 Autos of card where the sig ran off the side. this one is horrendous and it occurs in multiple locations, not to mention looks a little streaky. I wouldn't waste you time sending that at all no matter what.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. :)

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

In case you did not know, for these type of newer factory auto'd cards, you DON'T have to send them in for Dual grade. You can just send them in for regular grading as the auto is already deemed authentic for most pack-pulled auto's from 1998 and newer. So the person who is grading the upside down auto card won't even notice it. It will just be more of a resale issue for those that care.

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    In case you did not know, for these type of newer factory auto'd cards, you DON'T have to send them in for Dual grade. You can just send them in for regular grading as the auto is already deemed authentic for most pack-pulled auto's from 1998 and newer. So the person who is grading the upside down auto card won't even notice it. It will just be more of a resale issue for those that care.

I was not aware. Thank you for letting me know.