Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Multiple image scanner / software recommendation

envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

Did a quick search and had 812 pages with no particular sort order so had stuff from 2004 then 2019. Figured I better just start a new thread.

I used to have a scanner that allowed me to put several graded cards in it, preview scan, then select each card individually and it would save several separate images. All I can find now is Spain that does it or scanspeeder.com. Does anyone have a scanner that does this or software you’d recommend? I have close to 1000 cards I want to scan and list and uploading via my phone to eBay for each listing sounds mind-numbingly tedious. I’d like to have a multi-function printer/scanner so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use my Epson V600 and bought a PSA graded card scanning bed template that allows you to scan 4 cards on the platen at once, centered. you can set up using the software (so I've seen on YouTube) to crop and save the pictures of the slabs somehow after each scan.

I only scan one card at a time though. that may be your best bet, a 4 card at a time template. I've posted the link before in another thread.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

Thanks @dictoresno - I had something a while back that would allow me to pick each image but I can't recall if it was the scanner-brand software or third-party. It was so much easier when doing a ton of cards to just save to one folder and crop to each image in one scan. I'll check out that V600, assume you are happy with it?

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    Thanks @dictoresno - I had something a while back that would allow me to pick each image but I can't recall if it was the scanner-brand software or third-party. It was so much easier when doing a ton of cards to just save to one folder and crop to each image in one scan. I'll check out that V600, assume you are happy with it?

most people here would agree that the V600 is the way to go for scanning graded cards. love mine.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:
    .........bought a PSA graded card scanning bed template.........

Can you explain that a little? I just put 4 cards on the scanner bed at once (2 over 2) and push them towards the top and the side so that they are perfectly square to each other. Does the template you paid for do more than that?

• Options

@nam812 said:

@dictoresno said:
    .........bought a PSA graded card scanning bed template.........

Can you explain that a little? I just put 4 cards on the scanner bed at once (2 over 2) and push them towards the top and the side so that they are perfectly square to each other. Does the template you paid for do more than that?

alot of times when you go to the outer reaches of the platen, the edges get cut off a little. the template allows you to put 2x2 template on the glass, centering them and having them perfectly straight and not touching for perfect cropping. so, sure, I guess it does what you already do. but I wanted the scans better than that. I got tired of using a one touch or toploader to center my cards. for me, it's worth it. for you, maybe not.

https://pokedreamer.com/products/4-slab-scanner-bed-template-for-epson-scanners

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see it's merit, but it isn't for me.