Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An interesting "Bug" in the PM function.

MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 11, 2023 6:37AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm selling some books at the BST and last week I received a PM from an interested member. If you're familiar with PM's then you know that when you send one the recipient's forum ID appears in large letters at the top of the message string page. Here's a screen shot of the message I received/sent string page:

The first thing you should notice is that the message was delivered to @Justyou whoever that might be instead of the intended member. I didn't notice it when the message was sent , so when I received no reply I assumed the price was too high and the member had chosen to pass. That was on March 2nd.

On March 5th I received another message and replied again, this time it went to the correct recipient and @Justyou has apparently vanished:

Has anyone ever had something like this happen or can you offer an explanation?? Thanks.

Maywood.

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen "Just You" but I think that's just the threading of the comments because you can have a group message.

• Options
    edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I had been wondering if @Maywood did not want to provide a price for the book. This PM was sent only to Maywood. I have had some PM's disappear also.

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a result, I'll no longer send a PM and exit the page without looking to see where it went!! :p You'd think after as long as this new software version has been operating that it'd be "bug" free but they keep popping up, gremlins in the works.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

The justyou comes when the other person removes himself from the conversation.

I don’t know why people do that, but they do.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a just you in my exchanges.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be that the other party has clicked on the "Leave Conversation" button in the top right.

Collector, occasional seller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file