Home Q & A Forum
Options

Take a close look at this 2020D Lincoln Penny.. Any errors you can identify?

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, so what do you think you see? That is, have you done your homework? Good luck

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

DDD (Die Deterioration Doubling) not an error, just another die that is wearing out...............

https://www.error-ref.com/die-deterioration-doubling/

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

I agree, just some Die Deterioration. You can see a Ridge Ring starting to form.
    In the future, please tell us what you are seeing as an error so we can tell you
    if you are correct or not. It is not up to us to do the searching.

• Options

I guess I still don't get doubling, but I would have said "machine doubling"

• Options

I say that it's "machine doubling" bcuz I can see the first 2 in 2020 and that is what I thought it was.

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, there is some minor MD, but that is not considered an error and has no value.