Home Sports Talk

Behold what Red Sox management has done to the Red Sox team of fan favorites.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭✭✭








Comments

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2023 6:17AM

    Just gross 🤑

  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well they still have Connor Wong.

    Daniel
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BaltimoreYankee said:
    Well they still have Connor Wong.

    Nobody cares about Connor Wong. Besides, he has suffered a hamstring injury and is sidelined for who knows how long. We're talkin about beloved Red Sox fan favorites, Wong won't get that status for a long, long time.

  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    Just gross 🤑

    Yup, and here's the kicker !!! If you google "Red Sox news", you may come across a short interview with Chaim Bloom, who stated (I'm kinda pharaphrasing)..._We sucked last year and the fans have a right to be pissed. _

    If Bloom hadn't had his you know what up his you know where, we probably would still have Bogaerts, Vasquez and at least one or two others. That this clown has the power he has to make roster moves and trade or not tender players is OBSCENE. He has never played the game, and IMO, is way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay over his skis. All he's done is decimate the team with idiot trades with unproven talent for little or no value. No wonder the fans are all over him. But, John Henry just limps along, obviously much more interested in other things as opposed to providing the New England fans a team of high calibre enabling them to have a shot at the WS, not in the cellar like last year. Not likely we'll have a very competitive team this year, more than likely out of the playoffs early, yet Cora etal will come up with some lame yada yada. I predict 3rd place in the AL East, and I'm being generous. Hopefully I'm wrong, but we'll see around August. :/

  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭

    I will wait to see what happens this season before I make a judgement. The only one of that group that I really miss is Betts. Most of the rest of them have seen better days and are on their way out of baseball except for Bogaerts who still has a few more years in him. Baseball players move on much more rapidly these days for good or bad reasons so I have come to accept that . I will be watching and hoping for the best outcome for the season God willing and the creek don't rise and wipe out my new tv.

  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

    With a name like this he'd be a Fan Favorite - he better be good.

  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MCMLVTopps said:

    @perkdog said:
    Just gross 🤑

    Yup, and here's the kicker !!! If you google "Red Sox news", you may come across a short interview with Chaim Bloom, who stated (I'm kinda pharaphrasing)..._We sucked last year and the fans have a right to be pissed. _

    If Bloom hadn't had his you know what up his you know where, we probably would still have Bogaerts, Vasquez and at least one or two others. That this clown has the power he has to make roster moves and trade or not tender players is OBSCENE. He has never played the game, and IMO, is way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay over his skis. All he's done is decimate the team with idiot trades with unproven talent for little or no value. No wonder the fans are all over him. But, John Henry just limps along, obviously much more interested in other things as opposed to providing the New England fans a team of high calibre enabling them to have a shot at the WS, not in the cellar like last year. Not likely we'll have a very competitive team this year, more than likely out of the playoffs early, yet Cora etal will come up with some lame yada yada. I predict 3rd place in the AL East, and I'm being generous. Hopefully I'm wrong, but we'll see around August. :/

    Who have the Red Sox nontendered in the past few years? I don't just mean fan favorites. Besides, I think it's generally assumed that bring Bradley BACK from Milwaukee was the bigger mistake.

    And I don't see a way they can compete for fourth.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It truly is gross what has happened. Mookie could have been an all time Red Sox great, but now he will end up being known as a Dodger.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Keep in mind, we still have Chris Sale. I expect him to make 3 starts, and then have a season-ending hangnail.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @daltex said:

    Who have the Red Sox nontendered in the past few years? I don't just mean fan favorites. Besides, I think it's generally assumed that bring Bradley BACK from Milwaukee was the bigger mistake.

    And I don't see a way they can compete for fourth.

    Yu Chang and Franchy Cordero...both non tendered.

    I'm not sure about 4th place, but you could be right. I was trying to be optimistic. I think John Henry is living in a different world than the every day Red Sox fan. I think Baltimore may well be the dark horse this year and play surprisingly well.

  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭✭

    Eovaldi leaving did the Red Sox a favor hes never healthy. Bradly is just an atrocious player, I cannot figure out how hes still even in the league. He cant hit his way out of a paper bag and has no speed

    Betts they had to trade or significantly up their offer. Martinez is at the end of his career.

    Most of the moves actually make sense though it is clear the Red Sox are trying to do just enough to maybe make the playoffs while pocketing a ton a money. The state of AL baseball outside of the Astros and the Rangers who are actually trying now is truly quite pathetic overall

  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MCMLVTopps said:

    @daltex said:

    Who have the Red Sox nontendered in the past few years? I don't just mean fan favorites. Besides, I think it's generally assumed that bring Bradley BACK from Milwaukee was the bigger mistake.

    And I don't see a way they can compete for fourth.

    Yu Chang and Franchy Cordero...both non tendered.

    I'm not sure about 4th place, but you could be right. I was trying to be optimistic. I think John Henry is living in a different world than the every day Red Sox fan. I think Baltimore may well be the dark horse this year and play surprisingly well.

    I somehow missed that. At least Chang will be back after the WBC.

Sign In or Register to comment.