My lowest priced card.

stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is in a PSA slab. Less than $10.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Comments

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rugbymarine said:
    Fun idea for a thread. Paid $15 dlvd for this 7.5 years ago. Probably overpaid.

nice card.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

$6 for this in 2021

• Options
    gorilla glue 4gorilla glue 4 Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

Came across this one in 2018 for $17 and couldn't pass it up.

How much did it sale for is one of the funniest and most ignorant things I've ever heard.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

@rugbymarine said:
    Fun idea for a thread. Paid $15 dlvd for this 7.5 years ago. Probably overpaid.

Clean and sharp card. Great color. I don't see any print dots or defects.
    Was 6.5 grade because of the edges? If so, PSA needs to be more consistent with penalizing or not, due to factory rough cut vs. edge chipping from wear. Some PSA cards get high grades despite rough cuts and some don't. If it's accepted that OPC cards are rough cut, this card is at least an 8 to my eye.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2023 4:20PM

$5.74 delivered, must be one of my cheapest. I mean who doesn’t like a Greg Vaughn rookie card?

• Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:
    Clean and sharp card. Great color. I don't see any print dots or defects.
    Was 6.5 grade because of the edges? If so, PSA needs to be more consistent with penalizing or not, due to factory rough cut vs. edge chipping from wear. Some PSA cards get high grades despite rough cuts and some don't. If it's accepted that OPC cards are rough cut, this card is at least an 8 to my eye.

Thank you, it is a nice card. I think the corners are touched enough that a 6.5 doesn't seem unreasonable. And you know how 3rd-party grading can be. A 6.5 today could easily be a 7.5 on a different day...

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some slabbed cards for around 5 bucks 8-9 years ago on 4SC site.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2023 6:59AM

Killer Palmer! Corners look mint from the back. Card should be an 8.5-9 though. Back has a gum stain? You can see the edge of the stain going down the team names? Pack fresh no doubt!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few commons from the 70's in lower grade, 5's and 6's etc. I dont remember where they came from. I must have picked them up in a lot at some point.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.