Home Sports Talk

Sweet setup!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ran across this photo on social media, someone turned their back yard into a wiffle ball field for their kids!

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's nice, but I have to say....the coo thing about wiffle ball is that you can play it anywhere, no field required. Lol.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    It's nice, but I have to say....the coo thing about wiffle ball is that you can play it anywhere, no field required. Lol.

Yes, but wouldn't it be cool to have a nice, big, juicy field to play on, complete with dugouts, I wish we had one growing up. I was fortunate enough to have a decent sized backyard with a fence, and plenty of room for pickup games in the neighborhood. We also had a basketball goal in the driveway, but nothing like this!

A peasant like me can only dream of such a setup, these days if I want to play a game of basketball, I head to my local Walgreens, aisle four.

Check this out, a man built a miniature Fenway Park wiffle ball field in his yard, it's got a green monster wall!

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

And Wendy Peffercorn

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@Hydrant said:
    I don't want to screwup your thread Dragon Master,.....But, I will anyway!..... Right now I am working on a new sports project for the Little Hydrants. A motor cross track!.....We called it a TT Track back when I was young. Dirt bikes and dune buggies and racing old junk cars has always been a big part of Hydrant Family entertainment on the ranch. My Dad was a fanatic!..... More on that later. Anyway, it's what I'm doing right now. Moving rocks, boulders, setting out orange cones etc. It's a labor of love.....It's coming together!..... Here are a few pictures...... There's a LOT more.....This is just in the backyard....

I'm Having The Time of My Life!
    I take The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ out for a spin every evening....
    Just To Scare Her!!!!
    More Photos To Follow......
    It's All For The Children My Friends..
    And....Well....
    Maybe just a little bit for the Old Man!

Just a Little Bit....

That is awesome, looks like a blast!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing those amazing pics @Hydrant . As I always say, Felicidades 🙏❤️

I am going to take this perfect moment to say that I will be MIA for a bit. Nothing to be concerned with, nor nefarious.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks fun!

There was a homemade Fenway Park wiffle ball field in Massachusetts years ago, not sure if it's still around

Imagine being a kid having this in your backyard!