Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OK, Topps.... This is stupid!

So... I always put a set in an album each year. This year I purchased an opened factory set where the seller took out the rookie variation pack. I got the set for a very good price because of this.

I came to grips long ago about the stupidity of factory sets being out of order. I have never understood that, but so be it. I knew when I got this set that I would have to put it in order.

I just got the set in order and started to put the cards into pages a few minutes ago and I started noticing that a few cards were turned upside down..... What? Why?

Because I was focusing on the backs to put them into number order, I had all of the backs oriented correctly.

So why then would Topps be so totally inconsistent with backs and fronts being flip-flopped from one card to the next? How stupid is that!

Is this an issue of just not paying attention to detail? If these cards were designed this way, that just makes no sense. Yes, I am a little OCD, but aren't we collectors all OCD in some way?

I have even gotten over some cards within a set being horizontal and some being vertical. I do, however, think it would be very nice to have an entire set oriented landscape like 1955,1956, and 1960. The way they mix it up gets on my nerves, but I can live with it.

I love the tradition of Topps, but how about some consistency with the design!

Now, back to putting this mixed up set in pages.

Good night!

Shane

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have just finished putting the set in pages.

Something to add.... The flip-flopping only occurs in Series 1.

Series 2 is consistent, which makes it even stranger.

Shane

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Yes, have noticed this too. No idea if it's intended or just a screw-up. Probably the latter. :) I have another Topps mistake(?) for you to ponder...
    Had bunch of 2021 Topps Archives sitting around so decided to rip a few. Was fun, then pulled a card that doesn't exist according to any official checklists (Beckett/cardboardconn. etc)/TCDB/Ebay searches. Just can't find a /250 at all. Scratching my head here, tbph.

247 Pavin Smith

From all I can tell there is no /250 parallel in 2021 Archives set so what the heck?!?