Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Handful of error coins and others

Have about 7 pages worth of cool error coins. Attaching images. Of note are my several QE2s, 1982 small date copper, 1964 Lincoln, 1871 Indian penny, 1967 missing "L" in Liberty... Among others. Interested in selling and opinion.

Comments

• Options

Girlfriend has been cataloguing as best she can with descriptions etc. Don't have a real album yet but if anyone wants to see something better just let me know.

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2023 5:24PM

It appears that the Indian cent may not be genuine, and at the very least is badly damaged - it is stretched and deformed, as well as holed. Better photos might clarify this.

Your other coins are not errors and have no extra value. Feel free to spend them.

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the ones that you claim have no mint mark are actually not errors, they were made that way and came from Philadelphia. The other ones that I can see well enough are not errors either and are just damaged after they left the mint.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't bother cataloging anything and don't waste your money buying an album. Aside from the 1871 Indian cent, everything you have listed from the US is worth face value only. Spend it.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I seeing cellophane tape on all the coins? Please tell me no. :/

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have some interesting coins, do you know what clips are and what it means to be a broadstruck? You should be able to do a search for straight clip, curved clip, ragged clip ... I can not tell but you may have some.

Of more interest

second page shown says Pg3 at left top
    4th coin 1993 cent . is diameter and weight similar to others? could be missing copper layer
    3 coins further down 2022 cent - Lincoln head seems bigger, is diameter and Lincoln similar to others?
    1871 is a rarer coin, even with hole could be worth more than a burger depending on any other damage and wear

• could you show just front and back? someone mention could be fake, better pic would help us.

fourth page shown says pg1 at right top
    4th coin 1997 cent is not round .. missing some edge in front of forehead .. is it corroded?

An error is something that was on coin when it left the mint
    damage is something that happened after it left the mint - if you find something in parking lot, probably damaged

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Penniesfromheaven82 I appreciate the enthusiasm. Are you prepared to read and understand what you actually have? Tape is bad! Good luck.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    Am I seeing cellophane tape on all the coins? Please tell me no. :/

Yes I noticed that right off.
    Not a deal killer here as these are all circulation spenders.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

FLIPS & 2 x 2 holders or capsules are best. No one wants a coin with tape residue (pmd).

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members