Home Q & A Forum
Options

Coins? Weights? Anyone have a clue on these based on markings?

Anyone have a clue on these based on markings? I’m thinking it’s a part of a gold weighing set. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2023 9:51AM

Not the greatest in terms of images, but this might be helpful as a start.
    (search term: "Westwood")

Plate 9. 9, marked £3 12s, appears to 'match' one of your images.

Edited to add:
    I just realized that I replied to your first post. Welcome. :)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set of weights. Now if you had the counterbalance scale, that would be very cool.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real nice. Have you thought about posting this on the "World& Ancient coin forum". You might get a few different thoughts. Welcome aboard.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    Real nice. Have you thought about posting this on the "World& Ancient coin forum". You might get a few different thoughts. Welcome aboard.

EXCELLENT idea. :)

None of the replies, as least so far, have been comprehensive. Mine certainly was not.

Hopefully, there is a forum member with expertise in coin-weights.