Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tiger Woods Signed Memoribilia

Good day all - This is my 1st post, so I do apologize upfront if I am posting in the incorrect forum.

I have recently purchased some Tiger Woods Memorabilia that has certification certificates attached from 2003. However the company that done the certifications are no longer in existence. They were:

Pro Golf Collectibles
3410 La Sierra Ave, #F152,
Riverside
CA 92503

I am just hoping to get a valuation as well as confirmation of the Authenticity company.

Thanks for the guidance.

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2023 6:37AM

did you google them? If the items were autographed, I'd be highly suspicious of their authenticity.

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

The value is ZERO until you send them to PSA or BSA......

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    The value is ZERO until you send them to PSA or BSA......

OR if they have UDA authentication

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Since I am not in the US, I doubt that it would make sense for me to send it to the US (imo)
    However, it was purchased in the US.

I could not find them on Google, possibly due to the items being 20 years old already. Thus the hope to see if anyone know of them

• Options
    edited February 27, 2023 12:04PM

Hah... I think the value just went from Zero to negative ;) I don't see a date, serial or anything that could be deemed a record if this company was still in business. You could probably re-frame it and print out a more believable fake certificate. What is your goal? You want to sell it? You want peace of mind that it isn't junk? It is only sell-able to a sucker in its current state (in the sense for an amount similar to a PSA or UDA authenticated one). Why don't you show us a picture of the actual autograph and some peeps can give you an unofficial opinion. I guess you could print them out and attach them to your certificate :D

• Options

Thanks @RufussCkingston for the info - I will post some more 'detailed' pictures for reference.
    I did not intend to sell at all. Just trying to see if if anything can be 'verified'

• Options

@darantmoran said:
    Thanks @RufussCkingston for the info - I will post some more 'detailed' pictures for reference.
    I did not intend to sell at all. Just trying to see if if anything can be 'verified'

what do you mean by "verified"?

IMF

• Options

Unfortunately that was a period of rampant counterfeiting. My brother in law has a bunch of stuff bought from a “dealer” in Atlanta that literally had basement full of stuff. Why he didn’t think that was suspicious I have no idea. He has some Tiger signed Masters flags, Mantle pictures etc. I’ve never had the heart to tell him they are fake. He displays them in his house so he’ll never sell them. So I guess no harm really

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@darantmoran

i collect golf memorabilia.

the next time someone owns a legit TW-signed ball with a COA from Pro Golf Collectibles will be the first instance in the history of mankind. you could grab the tail of that green comet and allow it to take you to the outskirts of our solar system and you still wouldn't find one.

i don't even need a better picture of the signature. it's crap. so is the guarantee. other than that, it's fine.

nothing personal toward you, i just get sick and tired of seeing pathetic forgeries and idiot companies that back them.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

i reread my post from yesterday and i didn't like it. i came across as a touch abrasive and ultimately that was not my intention. furthermore, my cheeky ire was never meant to be directed toward you, @darantmoran. my hope is that you didn't break the bank to acquire this ball. the reason i was so hot under the collar is because this type of situation can potentially send a decent, unsuspecting, completely-wet-behind-the-ears soul on a multi-thousand dollar ride that they'll never want to experience again in his/her lifetime.

legitimate balls signed by Tiger are very rare and highly coveted; they therefore command some nice coin in the open market. rule of thumb: if someone possesses the real mccoy, it will always find its way to a reputable 3rd-party authenticator like PSA or JSA for the proverbial stamp of approval. the only reason someone would get a company like 'Pro Golf Collectibles' involved is because they know it's a unscrupulous outfit comprised of morons who don't care one iota about sullying the market.

never allow enthusiasm to obliterate common sense. as the old adage goes, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

• Options
    edited March 2, 2023 2:04PM

@galaxy27 said:
    rule of thumb: if someone possesses the real mccoy, it will always find its way to a reputable 3rd-party authenticator like >PSA or JSA for the proverbial stamp of approval. the only reason someone would get a company like 'Pro Golf Collectibles' >involved is because they know it's a unscrupulous outfit comprised of morons who don't care one iota about sullying the >market.

True, but do keep in mind that the OP says the item is from 2003. Not sure what the authentication game was like 20 years ago...