Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card Grading

Before cards are graded by PSA do any of you know whether dust is blown off the card if it exists?

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they blow on it! Sometimes the card ends up flying out of the Grader's hand, and this is how cards get damaged at PSA.

• Options
    Yankeefan320Yankeefan320 Posts: 160 ✭✭
    edited February 21, 2023 5:42PM

@RufussCkingston said:
    Yes, they blow on it! Sometimes the card ends up flying out of the Grader's hand, and this is how cards get damaged at PSA.

Surely you jest! Maybe they have some kind of hand tool to do it.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited February 21, 2023 6:43PM

Ha Ha. Was a typo which I corrected. I meant to say “Surely you jest! Maybe they have some kind of hand TOOL to do it.”.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I never heard of any preparation for cards during the grading sequence. There are devices that blow clean air to remove dust from electronics, so the same can be used on cards, but I doubt this is done because it just increases the chances that the card might get accidentally damaged. This goes the same for wiping off fingerprints on a card. I do not think they will risk doing that because it just increases the likelihood that something will go wrong.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Consider yourself lucky if they wipe the Cheetle off their fingers before digging around in your card savers.

• Options
    edited February 22, 2023 10:22AM

@Jayman1982 said:
    Consider yourself lucky if they wipe the Cheetle off their fingers before digging around in your card savers.

😛