Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help Identifying a Mutoscope WWII Card Item from 1945

Afternoon,

Just picked this up from E-Bay, and have no clue as to what exactly it is. If somebody has seen something similar, please let me know!

Anyway, the item is a Cardboard piece with 5 each 1945 Mutoscope Artists Pin-Ups Non Sports cards. The cards are part of the actual printing as is the Red background. Not glued on Cards as I thought when I first saw the item. The descrepensies between it and actual copies of the 5 cards are size and No Mutoscope Saying.

Actual Mutoscopes from this set are 5 1/4" X 3 1/4", the cards on this Cardboard are 4 5/8" X 2 3/4". The cardboard strip is 20" X 6 3/4" It also looks to be some sort of Official piece because the Cards Pictures are spaced exactly the same, the edges are all white (16th to /1/8 inch thick) same as the back and the back has a professional matte to the Cardboard on the back.

As an example the Center card should (Which can be seen in my example of the card) have the saying "Notes To You" and doesn't.

My guess would be some sort of Salemans Sample? Or Header or Side Board for an actual Arcade machine which was the main means of distribution of these in the 40's and 50's. Or???????? Ideas? Suggestions? Theories? Guesses?

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil