Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Fleer Michael Jordan PSA Gem Mint 10 Rookie Crazy eBay Prices!

Yankeefan320Yankeefan320 Posts: 160 ✭✭
edited February 20, 2023 5:52PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

According to eBay one sold for $10,600 on 1/12/2023 when they have been regularly selling for more than $100,000. Back in 2021 several sold for more than $500,000 with two even selling for $738,000! OUCH!!!! It makes me wonder if some of these sales were bogus and never consummated 🤔

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2023 6:27PM

The $10,600 sale appears to be a fake card, and that must have been fairly evident, resulting in the low bids. Presumably it didn’t get past the authenticity check?

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2023 10:01PM

It appears to be a PSA-10 OC…

😗

T-i-m-b-e-r!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing to see here... Waste of a post.....

• Options
    edited February 20, 2023 7:02PM

@PaulMaul said:
    The $10,600 sale appears to be a fake card, and that must have been fairly evident, resulting in the low bids. Presumably it didn’t get past the authenticity check?

Good catch! Wow, I wonder whether the PSA holder was counterfeited? If so, that’s very scary!

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    Nothing to see here... Waste of a post.....

You seem to be the Head Troll on these message boards of the Clown 🤡 variety! 😜

• Options
    edited February 20, 2023 7:07PM

@PaulMaul said:

Still it’s quite amazing how this card is selling for a little less than $200,000 now when it was selling for more than $500,000 in 2021. What a drop! I feel bad for whoever overpaid.

• Options

Listing was ended early by the seller, so it was NEVER an actual eBay sale, let alone having the chance going through the eBay/PSA authentication.. As well, it is obvious that it is a Fake SLAB, let alone probably a fake card. I imagine the cert is deactivated because it was being used for fakes and if the actual one was ever located, PSA would request it to come back to get a new cert#

• Options

@Yankeefan320 said:

You seem to be the Head Troll on these message boards of the Clown 🤡 variety! 😜

Nah... just the common sense variety!

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    Listing was ended early by the seller, so it was NEVER an actual eBay sale, let alone having the chance going through the eBay/PSA authentication.. As well, it is obvious that it is a Fake SLAB, let alone probably a fake card. I imagine the cert is deactivated because it was being used for fakes and if the actual one was ever located, PSA would request it to come back to get a new cert#

How can you tell it’s a fake slab? What a headache it must be for whoever owns the real card! Anyway, it’s scary.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2023 7:35PM

@Yankeefan320 said:

@RufussCkingston said:

How can you tell it’s a fake slab? What a headache it must be for whoever owns the real card! Anyway, it’s scary.

The font looks wrong…numbers look weird. The stems on the 1s seem too long….

• Options

A good question is if it’s counterfeit why the heck is the seller still on eBay?!?!

• Options

The dark blue lines are the give away. I remember not too long ago PSA 10 real deals were about $3k.

• Options

@Yankeefan320 said:

There is no PSA logo impirint on the front/back bottom right of the slab.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes the Jan 2021 sales were bogus. Designed to prop up 8 and 9's of a certain faction who had been hoarding them for a while. It was quite lucrative for those involved. Those who know, know.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    yes the Jan 2021 sales were bogus. Designed to prop up 8 and 9's of a certain faction who had been hoarding them for a while. It was quite lucrative for those involved. Those who know, know.

And how do you know this know it all? LOL.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭

That label is obviously not using the same font as PSA typically does. It either means the label is fake or PSA used this font on only this (and other fake) labels. This is a lazy way to do a fake. They can't even bother to get the font correct.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yankeefan320 said:

Yeah - how do you know? Nothing suspicious about Jordan rookies going from $190k to $738k in two separate Goldin auctions - on the same day to boot. It is not like there are hundreds of PSA 10 Jordan rookies out there nor an event happened to spike their prices 200-300% seemingly overnight. 🙄

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yankeefan320 said:

It's easy to see. There was no market pressure on that card whatsoever. It's not remotely rare. Then suddenly TWO cards go for the same extremely inflated price on the same day? And then suddenly there's a big jump in the prices of 8s and 9s? Those were clearly not legit sales.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Yankeefan320 said:

It's easy to see. There was no market pressure on that card whatsoever. It's not remotely rare. Then suddenly TWO cards go for the same extremely inflated price on the same day? And then suddenly there's a big jump in the prices of 8s and 9s? Those were clearly not legit sales.

How dare they try to prop up the price of the card! 😜

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yankeefan320 said:

@Tabe said:

@Yankeefan320 said:

How dare they try to prop up the price of the card! 😜

Lemme guess you also support Herr Maestro? <3

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.