Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

found two more web notes in the past two weeks.

These are my 6th and 7th web note finds in the last two years.

IMG_20230214_120737__01

IMG_20230214_120746__01

IMG_20230210_081556__01

IMG_20230210_081633__01

Comments

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky you. Haven't found one in circulation in 10+ years.

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@jfriedm56 said:
    Lucky you. Haven't found one in circulation in 10+ years.

Thanks. Hope you find a web note soon !

• Options
    Riley1955Riley1955 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

What's a WEB note?

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are experimental $1 Federal Reserve Notes dated 1988A, 1993 and 1995 that were printed from a continuous roll of paper rather than one sheet at a time. They are identified by the different location of the plate number at the lower right on the face and to the right of "In God We Trust" on the back.

A more comprehensive definition can be found on Wikipedia here.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Riley1955Riley1955 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    They are experimental $1 Federal Reserve Notes dated 1988A, 1993 and 1995 that were printed from a continuous roll of paper rather than one sheet at a time. They are identified by the different location of the plate number at the lower right on the face and to the right of "In God We Trust" on the back.

A more comprehensive definition can be found on Wikipedia here.

Thank you.

• Options
    MoneyCollectorMoneyCollector Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

I'm not a note collector but I have a stack of bills I've saved over the years and just found 6 of these! Never heard of this before but I love stuff like this. Used to own 3 coin op car washes and I would look at every bill before depositing. Found neat serial numbers, etc and kept them all. would also get an occasional silver quarter.

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@MoneyCollector said:
    I'm not a note collector but I have a stack of bills I've saved over the years and just found 6 of these! Never heard of this before but I love stuff like this. Used to own 3 coin op car washes and I would look at every bill before depositing. Found neat serial numbers, etc and kept them all. would also get an occasional silver quarter.

Wow!! So you had web notes and didnt know you even had them ??? LOL
    That is awesome!!! Are you keeping them or selling them?

• Options

Hi moneycollector: The six web notes listed may I ask what are the front & back plate numbers for each note?

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, I’ve never found a web note.

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!
    After years of searching for them. I finally tracked one down recently. Great catch, not easy.
    ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.