Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Has Anyone Dealt with Project 2013B?

EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
edited February 17, 2023 4:36PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Yesterday I received an email from what was formally the Zegers/Winograd Project informing me that I have a potential matching pair while requesting images of my note. In turn, I submitted the images as requested, and I was informed earlier today that my note is part of a verified matching pair. I don't buy their pie-in-the-sky estimates of $15k, as auction records beg to differ. That said, I was wondering if any of you have ever dealt with a comparable situation or have any experience with the process.

Here's the note in question:

delenda est WitterU

Comments

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

I have submitted a note myself but there has not been a match identified as of yet. From what I’ve read there has almost been as much difficulty getting the two people with the matched pair to agree upon a price for one person to sell the note to the other as there has been finding a match.

As far as a valuation goes, I’ll let our more knowledgeable forum members provide their insight since this is outside my wheelhouse.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally and respectfully, if I had a match and another person had a match, I wouldn’t pay more than $750 for their note. Maybe it’s me, but I’m just not impressed with these pairs.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have entered many, no match notifications yet. Stars got to align for a jackpot. Condition of both notes, perceived value by each party and who's selling to whom. Should be interesting. Good luck.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please forgive my newbie question, but what is a matching pair? I have collected coins for many years, but I'm pretty new with currency.

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

@dsessom said:
    Please forgive my newbie question, but what is a matching pair? I have collected coins for many years, but I'm pretty new with currency.

https://www.papermoneyforum.com/post/2013b-star-note-duplicate-serial-number-project-to-help-collectors-find-matched-pairs-11981014

This has some good info.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

Na, it smells like a "pump and dump" scheme.