Home Sports Talk
Options

Is this the most savage sports photo of all-time?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love this photo of a bloody Nolan Ryan, he was a savage, any other good photos like this?

Comments

• Options

This is one of ny favorites, Rocky Marciano smiling, his nose is split wide open.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    This is one of ny favorites, Rocky Marciano smiling, his nose is split wide open.

Thst is a good one, never saw that before!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

I have never seen that photo. Holy cow. He must have been a tough guy, smiling after having that done to him!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

That Nolan photo is a classic. Can you imagine the sissys playing MLb today continuing with that going on!

• Options

This is an awesome photo of JJ Watt, beast!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Ryan photo is the most overrated of all time. I looked worse than that last Friday at work.
    Unhooking a hose from a spray rig, it was stuck and I gave it a jerk and it came off and the end of it hit me right in the mouth, clamps and all.
    I was bleeding as bad or worse than Ryan and I didn’t get to go home either. Just grab a shop towel wipe off the blood and keep working.
    Blue collar workers bleed a lot more than athletes so color me unimpressed with those photos.

• Options

@Darin said:
    That Ryan photo is the most overrated of all time. I looked worse than that last Friday at work.
    Unhooking a hose from a spray rig, it was stuck and I gave it a jerk and it came off and the end of it hit me right in the mouth, clamps and all.
    I was bleeding as bad or worse than Ryan and I didn’t get to go home either. Just grab a shop towel wipe off the blood and keep working.
    Blue collar workers bleed a lot more than athletes so color me unimpressed with those photos.

You enjoy pain, you eat it like candy, it's a pleasure watching you post.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ6Tlh9XA0U

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

I’m a walking accident just waiting to happen. Once while unhooking a hose I forgot to release the air pressure inside the hose and it blew off with explosive force. It hit me in the leg and actually ripped my jeans from the upper leg to my knee. Hurt like hell. Had to go home and change my jeans because my boxers were showing. 😛 came back to work though

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a February 10, 2008 game between the Florida Panthers and the Buffalo Sabres, Olli Jokinen was knocked down by Clarke MacArthur and as he fell to the ice his skate came up and cut teammate Richard Zednik's throat cutting his carotid artery and just missing his jugular vein. Zednik was rushed to the hospital and required an hour of surgery to reconnect the artery.

Zednik missed the remainder of the season, but returned to the Florida Panthers for his final season in 2008-09.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

I'm not going to go into my whole life story here...I'll save that for my book j/k But I did my fair share of physical labor. I am permanently damaged. So I can relate to this.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    In a February 10, 2008 game between the Florida Panthers and the Buffalo Sabres, Olli Jokinen was knocked down by Clarke MacArthur and as he fell to the ice his skate came up and cut teammate Richard Zednik's throat cutting his carotid artery and just missing his jugular vein. Zednik was rushed to the hospital and required an hour of surgery to reconnect the artery.

Zednik missed the remainder of the season, but returned to the Florida Panthers for his final season in 2008-09.

That is insane. I think you win. This also happened to a goalie in the late 80s i believe.

• Options

@Darin said:

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

I’m a walking accident just waiting to happen. Once while unhooking a hose I forgot to release the air pressure inside the hose and it blew off with explosive force. It hit me in the leg and actually ripped my jeans from the upper leg to my knee. Hurt like hell. Had to go home and change my jeans because my boxers were showing. 😛 came back to work though

You're a savage, let's have a beer. No, your money's no good here, it's on me.

• Options

Bryce Florie gets hit with a line drive.

• Options

Steve Nash gets his nose broken after colliding with Tony Parker.

• Options

Tom Brady with a bloody lip, and a savage look on his face.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2023 11:03AM

@Darin said:

Sorry but I'm going to absolutely disagree with you

This is the most overrated blood pic of an athlete

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Bryce Florie gets hit with a line drive.

I remember when Florie got hit. that was really scary

• Options

I was actually watching this game, when Kevin Pillar got hIt directly in the face by a 94 mph pitch.

• Options

I was also watching the UNC vs Duke game, when Tyler Hansbrough got his nose broken by Gerald Henderson.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Roy Campbell vs Dick Hyland, 1913.

was that colorized?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@doubledragon said:

holy cow. that image is amazing. how on earth many rounds did those guys go?

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:

@doubledragon said:

was that colorized?

Yes, it was colorized, this is the original.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

holy cow. that image is amazing. how on earth many rounds did those guys go?

According to the newspapers at the time, it was only 15 rounds, but some people claim it was longer than that. One thing's for sure, it was a brutal fight!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

(LOL)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    (LOL)

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

• Options

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

YA Tittle?

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

YA Tittle?

Yep... :)

• Options

Butler big man Matt Howard got caught with a vicious elbow and it busted him up pretty bad.

• Options

UFC, BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson.

• Options

No sir, Aaron Rodgers insists that he will not be left out of this thread. So without further ado, here he is, with his little bloody sleeve.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    No sir, Aaron Rodgers insists that he will not be left out of this thread. So without further ado, here he is, with his little bloody sleeve.

Come now, We all know he was eating a grape jelly sandwich during the time out........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@doubledragon said:

Come now, We all know he was eating a grape jelly sandwich during the time out........

Speaking of Aaron Rodgers, the darkness retreat must not be going too well, judging by this latest photo of him.

• Options
    MS66MS66 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

If you cover the left side of his face he looks like a corpse.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

That is insane. I think you win. This also happened to a goalie in the late 80s i believe.

Clint Malarchuk with Buffalo. Darn near died. Wrote a book a few years ago.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

🤣🤣🤣

• Options

I just dont know how Aaron continued after that terrible injury. I mean it looks like his arm is barely hanging there by a tiny piece of ligament.

he is sooooooo tough.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2023 8:34AM

Rudy Tomjanovich