Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

#3 ALLTIME #3 CURRENT FINEST ROOSEY DIME FB BASIC SET CIRC. STRIKE&PROOF (GREAT COLLECTION AUCTION)

DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
edited February 25, 2023 8:35AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

The #3 All-Time Finest and #3 Current Finest Roosevelt Dime Full Band Basic Set Circulation Strike and Proof Silver Set (1946-1964) owned by Daniel D. Biddle will be auctioned by Great Collections beginning Sunday March 12, 2023. The 48-coin Full Band Circulation Strike set will be auctioned over a four-week period, 12 coins per week. The 15-coin Proof Silver Set will also be included in this four-week period, 4 coins per week. The entire 63-coin set has been pedigreed by PCGS (Daniel D. Biddle). The Full Band Circulation Strike set has also been given consecutive Certification Numbers by PCGS. The Full Band Circulation Set consists of SIXTEEN MS68FB coins, TWENTY-SIX MS67+FB coins, and SIX MS67FB coins. I have been building this set for many years, and it has reached the point where upgrades are almost impossible to find. For example, there are THIRTY-TWO coins (of the 48 in the Circulation Strike set), that are totally impossible to upgrade unless the owners of the current #1 and #2 sets decide to sell their sets. In addition, there are SEVEN dates/mint mark coins where there is only ONE coin that exists (that is not currently in the #1 or #2 ranked set) that would be an upgrade to my set.
Listed below are the coins included in Week 1 (of 4) of the Great Collection Auction ending on Sunday March 12, 2023:

1946 MS67+FB POP 19/5 (Two of the higher POP coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 3 coins available for upgrade)
1947D MS67+FB POP 15/5 (Two of the higher POP coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 3 coins available for upgrade)
1948S MS68FB TOP POP 11/0
1950 MS68FB TOP POP 7/0
1951D MS67+FB POP 36/8 (Two of the higher POP coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 6 coins available for upgrade)
1952S MS68FB TOP POP 9/0 Beautiful Rainbow color obverse
1954 MS67+FB POP 10/1 (The One higher POP coin is in the #1 Ranked Set)
1955D MS68FB TOP POP 5/0
1957 MS67+FB TOP POP 5/0
1959 MS67+FB POP 15/1 (The One higher POP coin is in the #1 Ranked Set) Gorgeous Rainbow color obverse
1961 MS67FB POP 11/4 (Two of the higher POP coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 2 coins available for upgrade)
1963 MS67FB POP 9/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #2 Ranked Set, Only 1 coin available for upgrade)

1950 PR67DCAM POP 13/8
1954 PR67DCAM POP 5/2
1958 PR69DCAM TOP POP 9/0
1962 PR69DCAM TOP POP 68/0

All of the coins are currently listed on the Great Collection Auction Site, the Week #2 Auction ends on Sunday March 19, 2023.
The Week #3 Auction ends on Sunday March 26, 2023.
The Week #4 Auction ends on Sunday April 2, 2023.

Comments

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having dealt with Dannie in the past, I know these are some of the finest Roosies there are. One does not see dimes of this quality come up for auction very often.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the auction! Ill be watching!

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the best Danny...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2023 10:52AM

All coins now have the obverse and reverse photos available on the Great Collections auction site.

davewesen has posted a link below to the pictures. He was also kind enough to provide the links to each of the 4 auction segments, on a copy thread of this one, that I posted in the Buy, Sell, & Trade Forum. Courtesy of him, I have copied and pasted his link-containing comment below, to redirect anyone who wishes to the GC auctions.

closing 3/12->https://greatcollections.com/Collections/901/The-Daniel-D-Biddle-Collection-of-Roosevelt-Dimes/2023-03-12
    closing 3/19->https://greatcollections.com/Collections/901/The-Daniel-D-Biddle-Collection-of-Roosevelt-Dimes/2023-03-19
    closing 3/26->https://greatcollections.com/Collections/901/The-Daniel-D-Biddle-Collection-of-Roosevelt-Dimes/2023-03-26
    closing 4/2->https://greatcollections.com/Collections/901/The-Daniel-D-Biddle-Collection-of-Roosevelt-Dimes/2023-04-02

• Options

The Full Band Silver Circulation Set has been assigned consecutive Certification Numbers by PCGS,
    46725827-46725874..Five of the coins in this set were cherry-picked by experts and sent to PCGS for Re-consideration.. All 5 are serious candidates for upgrade..Check out the photos for these 5 coins and you can see why: 1946D MS68FB, 1947S MS68FB, 1952 MS67+FB, 1952D MS68FB, 1953D MS67+FB.

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

I helped Danny put this set together over many years. Fantastic set. I will be bidding

• Options

Thank you Nick. Without you, this set would not exist. From Day 1 you have been my helper, advisor, and inspiration. You guided me every step of the way. Many thanks for an enjoyable ride. The journey has been fantastic. I will always cherish your friendship.

• Options

I just wish I could like Roosies too. :);)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2023 8:37AM

The second week (of 4 total) of the Great Collections auction which ends on Sunday March 19, 2023 will include the following 12 Circulation Strike and 4 Proof Roosey Dimes:

1946D MS68FB TOP POP 7/0 Awesome Rainbow color obverse
    1947S MS68FB POP 12/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #2 Ranked Set)
    1949 MS67+FB POP 6/2 (The 2 higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets)
    1950D MS68FB TOP POP 12/0
    1951S MS68FB TOP POP 16/0
    1953 MS67FB POP 12/3 (Two of the three higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 1 coin available for upgrade)
    1954D MS67+FB POP 13/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #1 Ranked Set)
    1955S MS67FB POP 14/2 (The 2 higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets)
    1957D MS67+FB POP 10/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #2 Ranked Set, Only 1 coin available for upgrade)
    1959D MS67+FB POP 28/5 (Two of the five higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 3 coins available for upgrade)...Wild YELLOW color obverse
    1961D MS67+FB POP 8/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #2 Ranked Set)
    1963D MS67FB POP 17/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #2 Ranked Set)

OF THE 12 DATE/MINT MARK COINS LISTED ABOVE, THERE ARE ONLY FIVE (5) TOTAL COINS IN EXISTANCE (THAT ARE
    NOT CURRENTLY OWNED BY THE OWNERS OF THE #1 AND #2 RANKED REGISTRY SETS), that are available for upgrade, and 3 of them are confined to the 1959D coin. As mentioned in the original post, upgrades to my #3 Ranked Registry Set have become almost impossible to find. The thrill of collecting for me is "THE HUNT" and then the "CAPTURE". I have reached a point where "THE HUNT" was almost impossible.

1951 PR66DCAM POP 5/12
    1955 PR68DCAM POP 26/2
    1959 PR69DCAM TOP POP 6/0
    1963 PR69DCAM TOP POP 211/0

• Options

I'm waiting for the 55P 67+FB. That coin was in my personal collection for many years. Rainbowroosie purchased it from me where it stayed for several more years. I purchased it back from Bill when he sold his Roosies and placed it with Danny. The coin is special.

• Options
    edited February 25, 2023 9:43AM

Thank you so very much for posting the link to the pictures.
    So very kind of you.

• Options
    edited February 25, 2023 9:44AM

@onlyroosies said:
    I'm waiting for the 55P 67+FB. That coin was in my personal collection for many years. Rainbowroosie purchased it from me where it stayed for several more years. I purchased it back from Bill when he sold his Roosies and placed it with Danny. The coin is special.

The 1955P MS67+FB coin has always been one of my favorite coins in this Registry Set. It is a TOP POP coin 4/0, and I think you will agree that it is the best coin of the 4 total. I have no doubt that this coin will one day reside in a MS68FB PCGS holder. The toning color on this coin is so awesome, especially the bright PINK color all around the reverse rim.

• Options

At present, the 1955P MS67+FB coin has more bids placed than any of the other 63 coins in this Registry Set.

• Options
    edited February 21, 2023 12:31PM

Danny,

I just noticed I once owned your 1957 67+FB

I bought the coin in a GC Auction in August 2016 as a MS66FB. I later sold it, don't recall to who, and it later upgraded several times to its current 67+FB. I paid $145 for the coin...well below its current value. Oh well, some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you. :o

Here's the GC Images:

• Options
    edited February 25, 2023 9:40AM

@lablover said:
    Danny,

I just noticed I once owned your 1957 67+FB

>

I bought the coin in a GC Auction in August 2016 as a MS66FB. I later sold it, don't recall to who, and it later upgraded several times to its current 67+FB. I paid $145 for the coin...well below its current value. Oh well, some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you.

>

Hello Jim:
    Thanks for posting the pictures. Over time, the obverse of this coin has developed a beautiful colorful tone.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Danny

• Options
    edited February 22, 2023 5:30AM

@onlyroosies said:

Nick:
    As you know, the 1955P Roosey Dime has the LOWEST MINTAGE of any coin in the SILVER CIRCULATION STRIKE SERIES, only 12.4 Million. This is over 1.1 million coins LESS than the 1949S which had a mintage of 13.5 million. The 1955P coins are known for their weak strikes, hence the difficulty in finding Roosey Dimes with Full Bands. Of the 4 TOP POP 1955P MS67+FB coins known, in my opinion, this coin stands above the other 3, in other words, THE BEST OF THE BEST, none better. Great Collections has chosen this coin as the highlight coin on their Home Page promotion for this Registry Set Auction. That distinction speaks for itself. As a bonus, the colorful toning on this coin is absolutely gorgeous.

• Options
    edited February 23, 2023 7:53AM

Here it is, the 1955P MS67+FB. TOP POP 4/0... Probably the best one of the four total. This coin deserves to be in a MS68FB PCGS holder.

• Options
    edited February 25, 2023 8:40AM

The third week (of 4 total), of the Great Collections auction, which ends on Sunday March 26,2023 will include the following 12 Circulation Strike and 4 Proof Roosey Dimes:

1946S MS68FB POP 20/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set, ONE upgrade available)
    1948 MS67+FB POP 11/6 (Two of the six higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets, FOUR upgrades available)
    1949D MS68FB TOP POP 19/0
    1950S MS68FB TOP POP 8/0
    1952 MS67+FB POP 6/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #1 ranked set)
    1953D MS68FB TOP POP 3/0 Wonderful obverse Rainbow color toning
    1954S MS68FB TOP POP 5/0
    1956 MS67+FB POP 2/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1958 MS67FB POP 18/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set, ONE upgrade available)
    1960 MS67+FB TOP POP 12/0
    1962 MS67+FB POP 7/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #2 ranked set)
    1964 MS67+FB POP 14/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)

Of the 12 Date/MM Circulation Strike coins listed above, there are only THREE Dates/MM where an upgrade coin is available... Of the three available Dates/MM, only 6 (SIX) coins are known that would be upgrades to this Registry Set, four of them are confined to the 1948P coin.

1952 PR67CAM POP 61/22 (Only ONE DCAM coin has ever been graded by PCGS)
    1956 PR68DCAM POP 35/6
    1961 PR69DCAM POP 68/4
    1964 PR69DCAM POP 323/2

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭

Almost enough to tempt me to come back and bid.....yep, a Roosie voice from the past!

Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options

@Colorfulcoins said:
    Almost enough to tempt me to come back and bid.....yep, a Roosie voice from the past!

Craig:
    You need to do what I did. After PCGS started grading Roosey Dimes with the Full Band designation, I took my 1500+
    Roosey Dimes and went into hibernation for 10+ years. When I awoke from hibernation, I contacted Nick Cascio for some help and guidance.. He helped me form a plan for my re-invented Registry Set. It was pretty simple: try and assemble a set that would climb comfortably into the #3 Finest spot. Impossible to go higher, unless the owners of either the #1 or #2 Ranked Sets decide to sell... I achieved my goal, now I am going into Roosey hibernation for the second time (silver series only).. HA!!! You could get a real good start with some of these dimes up for auction!!!

• Options

@DANNY said:

@Colorfulcoins said:

Craig:
    You need to do what I did. After PCGS started grading Roosey Dimes with the Full Band designation, I took my 1500+
    Roosey Dimes and went into hibernation for 10+ years. When I awoke from hibernation, I contacted Nick Cascio for some help and guidance.. He helped me form a plan for my re-invented Registry Set. It was pretty simple: try and assemble a set that would climb comfortably into the #3 Finest spot. Impossible to go higher, unless the owners of either the #1 or #2 Ranked Sets decide to sell... I achieved my goal, now I am going into Roosey hibernation for the second time (silver series only).. HA!!! You could get a real good start with some of these dimes up for auction!!!

Danny,

Old Craig is a Roosie guy from way, way back. Most of us were thinking aliens snatched him away.

• Options

Hi Craig
    Your name came up at the Roosie dinner At FUN a couple months ago. I handed off the raw roosie album to John (current #1 Roosie set owner) You had a hand in building that set and all of our signatures are in it. That album is still intact and looking beautiful with several of your blue toned dimes still in it.

Great to hear from you. Don't be a stranger

Nick,

• Options
    edited March 2, 2023 12:07PM

@onlyroosies said:
    Hi Craig
    Your name came up at the Roosie dinner At FUN a couple months ago. I handed off the raw roosie album to John (current #1 Roosie set owner) You had a hand in building that set and all of our signatures are in it. That album is still intact and looking beautiful with several of your blue toned dimes still in it.

Nick,

Me thinks there's a few Lablover coins in there too...happy to contribute..

• Options

Jim,
    Your signature was at the top of the list.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Jim,
    Your signature was at the top of the list.

I know, and it has an honor to have owned the set at one time...

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Hi Craig

Nick,

Nick, you should post the image of the Raw Set, a host of beautiful Roosies in there.

• Options

I don't have it. John does.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    I don't have it. John does.

Yea, but I thought you had an image from your cell phone. I'll look, maybe I still have it...

• Options

Truth is I have no idea how to post a pic on here. I only know how to text pics from my cell. I can text you a pic. Thats it for me. :)

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Truth is I have no idea how to post a pic on here. I only know how to text pics from my cell. I can text you a pic. Thats it for me. :)

Ok, send it and I'll post... :)

• Options

Raw Set Images Below:

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK. That is awesome.

• Options

All I can say is " WOW !!!!! "

• Options

The fourth (and final) week of the Great Collections auction, which ends on Sunday April 2, 2023, will include the following 12 Circulation Strike and 3 Proof Roosey Dimes:

1947 MS67+FB POP 15/3 (One of the three higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set)
    1948D MS68FB POP 13/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #1 ranked set)
    1949S MS67+FB POP 17/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #1 ranked set)
    1951 MS67+FB POP 24/7 (Two of the seven higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1952D MS68FB TOP POP 6/0
    1953S MS68FB TOP POP 4/0
    1955 MS67+FB TOP POP 4/0 (See previous comments and pictures above about this special coin)
    1956D MS67+FB POP 5/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #2 ranked set)
    1958D MS67+FB POP 45/5 (Two of the five higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1960D MS67+FB POP 16/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1962D MS67+FB POP 13/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set)
    1964D MS67+FB POP 14/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)

Of the 12 Date/MM Circulation Strike coins listed above, there are only FOUR Dates/MM where an upgrade coin is available.
    Of the FOUR available Dates/MM, only 11 (eleven) coins are known that would be upgrades to this Registry Set, and five of them are confined to the 1951P coin.

1953 PR68CAM POP 21/1 ( There have only been TWO DCAM Roosey coins ever graded by PCGS for this year)
    1957 PR69DCAM TOP POP 17/0
    1960 PR69DCAM TOP POP 137/0

• Options

cant wait until this Sunday.

• Options

The first weekly auction (of four total) ends tomorrow night March 12th at Great Collections.
    I hope that my Roosey Dimes find a new home/owner who will appreciate them as much (or more) than I have.

Danny

• Options
    edited March 12, 2023 9:19AM

The following are pictures of the 5 coins that the Roosey experts have recommended be sent to PCGS for reconsideration.
    1946D MS68FB Auction ending on March 19
    1947S MS68FB Auction ending on March 19
    1952P MS67+FB Auction ending on March 26
    1952D MS68FB Auction ending on April 2
    1953D MS68FB Auction ending on March 26

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hate that Mr Bittle is selling his set. I have a couple coins that I was going to send in for grading, and he would have had first offer for them. Well I'll keep them for a while longer.

Dan
  • Options

@onlyroosies said:

Well, did you get it?

• Options

The first auction (of 4 total) that ended last night March 12th was just the teaser auction.
    The really good stuff will be coming up over the next 3 auctions.
    My intention last night was to "fire one final shot" before I retired all of my silver circulation strike and silver proof sets in the PCGS Registry.. There was a 1958D MS68FB Roosey up for auction that would have been one of the very few upgrade
    coins still available for me to purchase. I submitted a very healthy bid for it, but was the under-bidder!! It hammered for $5250. plus juice...Darn-it!!!
    Missed my last chance. so it goes..I did however pick up 2 upgrades for my Roosey Clad set. The "hunt" for the clads
    continues for me.

Danny

• Options

@lablover said:

@onlyroosies said:

Well, did you get it?

:(

• Options

@DANNY said:
    The following are pictures of the 5 coins that the Roosey experts have recommended be sent to PCGS for reconsideration.
    1946D MS68FB Auction ending on March 19
    1947S MS68FB Auction ending on March 19
    1952P MS67+FB Auction ending on March 26
    1952D MS68FB Auction ending on April 2
    1953D MS68FB Auction ending on March 26

I really like the 47-S MS68FB - Looks Plus to me...

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@lablover said:

@onlyroosies said:

Well, did you get it?

:(

Bummer...

• Options

Moon money prices on coins I was tracking. Happy for Danny.

• Options

@DANNY said:
    The second week (of 4 total) of the Great Collections auction which ends on Sunday March 19, 2023 will include the following 12 Circulation Strike and 4 Proof Roosey Dimes:

1946D MS68FB TOP POP 7/0 Awesome Rainbow color obverse
    1947S MS68FB POP 12/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #2 Ranked Set)
    1949 MS67+FB POP 6/2 (The 2 higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets)
    1950D MS68FB TOP POP 12/0
    1951S MS68FB TOP POP 16/0
    1953 MS67FB POP 12/3 (Two of the three higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 1 coin available for upgrade)
    1954D MS67+FB POP 13/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #1 Ranked Set)
    1955S MS67FB POP 14/2 (The 2 higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets)
    1957D MS67+FB POP 10/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #2 Ranked Set, Only 1 coin available for upgrade)
    1959D MS67+FB POP 28/5 (Two of the five higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 Ranked Sets, Only 3 coins available for upgrade)...Wild YELLOW color obverse
    1961D MS67+FB POP 8/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #2 Ranked Set)
    1963D MS67FB POP 17/1 (The 1 higher Pop coin is in the #2 Ranked Set)

OF THE 12 DATE/MINT MARK COINS LISTED ABOVE, THERE ARE ONLY FIVE (5) TOTAL COINS IN EXISTANCE (THAT ARE
    NOT CURRENTLY OWNED BY THE OWNERS OF THE #1 AND #2 RANKED REGISTRY SETS), that are available for upgrade, and 3 of them are confined to the 1959D coin. As mentioned in the original post, upgrades to my #3 Ranked Registry Set have become almost impossible to find. The thrill of collecting for me is "THE HUNT" and then the "CAPTURE". I have reached a point where "THE HUNT" was almost impossible.

1951 PR66DCAM POP 5/12
    1955 PR68DCAM POP 26/2
    1959 PR69DCAM TOP POP 6/0
    1963 PR69DCAM TOP POP 211/0

These 16 coins will hammer tomorrow night (Sunday March 19) at Great Collections. The 1946D 68FB
    and the 1947S 68FB coins are two coins from my collection that have a very good chance of upgrading (to 68+FB),
    according to more than one of the well respected Roosey Dime experts.

Danny

• Options

@DANNY said:
    The third week (of 4 total), of the Great Collections auction, which ends on Sunday March 26,2023 will include the following 12 Circulation Strike and 4 Proof Roosey Dimes:

1946S MS68FB POP 20/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set, ONE upgrade available)
    1948 MS67+FB POP 11/6 (Two of the six higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets, FOUR upgrades available)
    1949D MS68FB TOP POP 19/0
    1950S MS68FB TOP POP 8/0
    1952 MS67+FB POP 6/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #1 ranked set)
    1953D MS68FB TOP POP 3/0 Wonderful obverse Rainbow color toning
    1954S MS68FB TOP POP 5/0
    1956 MS67+FB POP 2/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1958 MS67FB POP 18/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set, ONE upgrade available)
    1960 MS67+FB TOP POP 12/0
    1962 MS67+FB POP 7/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #2 ranked set)
    1964 MS67+FB POP 14/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)

Of the 12 Date/MM Circulation Strike coins listed above, there are only THREE Dates/MM where an upgrade coin is available... Of the three available Dates/MM, only 6 (SIX) coins are known that would be upgrades to this Registry Set, four of them are confined to the 1948P coin.

1952 PR67CAM POP 61/22 (Only ONE DCAM coin has ever been graded by PCGS)
    1956 PR68DCAM POP 35/6
    1961 PR69DCAM POP 68/4
    1964 PR69DCAM POP 323/2

These 16 coins will sell this Sunday night at Great Collections...Some really beautiful toned coins this weekand next.
    The 1952P and the 1953D coins are SPECIAL.

Danny

• Options
    edited March 29, 2023 7:42AM

@DANNY said:
    The fourth (and final) week of the Great Collections auction, which ends on Sunday April 2, 2023, will include the following 12 Circulation Strike and 3 Proof Roosey Dimes:

1947 MS67+FB POP 15/3 (One of the three higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set)
    1948D MS68FB POP 13/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #1 ranked set)
    1949S MS67+FB POP 17/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #1 ranked set)
    1951 MS67+FB POP 24/7 (Two of the seven higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1952D MS68FB TOP POP 6/0
    1953S MS68FB TOP POP 4/0
    1955 MS67+FB TOP POP 4/0 (See previous comments and pictures above about this special coin)
    1956D MS67+FB POP 5/1 (The one higher Pop coin is in the #2 ranked set)
    1958D MS67+FB POP 45/5 (Two of the five higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1960D MS67+FB POP 16/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)
    1962D MS67+FB POP 13/2 (One of the two higher Pop coins is in the #1 ranked set)
    1964D MS67+FB POP 14/2 (Both of the higher Pop coins are in the #1 and #2 ranked sets)

Of the 12 Date/MM Circulation Strike coins listed above, there are only FOUR Dates/MM where an upgrade coin is available.
    Of the FOUR available Dates/MM, only 11 (eleven) coins are known that would be upgrades to this Registry Set, and five of them are confined to the 1951P coin.

1953 PR68CAM POP 21/1 ( There have only been TWO DCAM Roosey coins ever graded by PCGS for this year)
    1957 PR69DCAM TOP POP 17/0
    1960 PR69DCAM TOP POP 137/0

These 15 coins will sell this Sunday night at Great Collections...
    The 1952D MS68FB, 1953S MS68FB, and the 1955P MS67+FB coins are at the top of their class.
    The 1955P coin has had more "VIEWS"(420+ as of today) on the auction site than any Roosey Dime coin I have ever seen
    up for auction on the Great Collections web-site.

Danny

• Options

well, I tried to win the 55P but couldn't handle the heat. That coin got HOT! Congrats to the new owner who ever you are.
    and Congrats to Danny on a successful sale.

• Options

I didn't even chase the 55P. To deep of water for me although over the 4 weeks I was able to win 11 of the 63 Roosies from Dannys set. Seven already entered into my 46 - 64 fb set which moved me into the 3 spot vacated by Danny. I have 4 more that should be here by the end of the week. Super happy with the 1st seven and I'm sure I'll feel the same come Friday. Congrats to Danny. Although we have never met face to face, we have talked, texted and done business even before he put his beautiful set up on GC. I feel a kinship to the man and the legacy of Danny Biddle.