Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

INFO KISS cards

Cards73Cards73 Posts: 28
edited February 15, 2023 4:53PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

received as an inheritance but in Italy the cards have no market of interest. Can anyone give me information on the value of the whole album? see attached photo. Thanks to those who will help me :)

kind regards

Cards73

Comments

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are the cards located and what’s the market for them? Also, could you please provide more pics?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• @DBesse27 said:
    Where are the cards located and what’s the market for them? Also, could you please provide more pics?

they are in Trieste ( Italy ) , I will take more pictures tomorrow . it is now 01 A.M.what more photos do you need?

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like some The older stuff is this...

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/non-sport-cards/1978-donruss-kiss/35765

The other stuff is worthless modern stuff.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

$50-75. Love the 78s.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

The wrestling cards are somewhat different, but in general your cards only have significant (monetary) value in very high grades. Instead of showing binder after binder, can you go through the binders and pick out two or three cards with the best centering (if you don't understand, don't worry, we understand that this is an inheritance and that you might not speak English as a first language, so feel free to ask questions.) and post larger pictures of just those few cards it would be easier to assess if you have anything worth sending to PSA for encapsulation.

If there are specific card numbers that might have (monetary) value in lower grades, someone here will ask to see them.

I'm sorry. I appreciate all the wok you've done on these, but pictures of binder after binder distracts from anything you might have that is of interest.

edited February 16, 2023 12:20AM

@daltex said:
    Instead of showing binder after binder, can you go through the binders and pick out two or three cards with the best centering (if you don't understand, don't worry, we understand that this is an inheritance and that you might not speak English as a first language, so feel free to ask questions.) and post larger pictures of just those few cards it would be easier to assess if you have anything worth sending to PSA for encapsulation.

Yes, please post very detailed pics of some random nicely centered modern KISS cards. Then we can tell you exactly what to do! :p

• @daltex said:
    The wrestling cards are somewhat different, but in general your cards only have significant (monetary) value in very high grades. Instead of showing binder after binder, can you go through the binders and pick out two or three cards with the best centering (if you don't understand, don't worry, we understand that this is an inheritance and that you might not speak English as a first language, so feel free to ask questions.) and post larger pictures of just those few cards it would be easier to assess if you have anything worth sending to PSA for encapsulation.

If there are specific card numbers that might have (monetary) value in lower grades, someone here will ask to see them.

I'm sorry. I appreciate all the wok you've done on these, but pictures of binder after binder distracts from anything you might have that is of interest.

if I wanted to sell them, I would sell them like this then for the encapsulation the probable buyer would have to think about it (there is no PSA here and send them to encapsulate them and then have them returned to me and selling them becomes heavy also because, and I was told by one from the PSA I wrote to, which would take months. Thank you for the specifics. I'll take pictures of all the cards one by one as soon as I can and upload them here. So only those from 1978 are of interest? The others aren't Are they of high monetary interest? I know it's a lot of work but I'm asking for info from photos and it's normal that I'm asked for photos individually and that's what I'll do.

• @RufussCkingston said:

@daltex said:
    Instead of showing binder after binder, can you go through the binders and pick out two or three cards with the best centering (if you don't understand, don't worry, we understand that this is an inheritance and that you might not speak English as a first language, so feel free to ask questions.) and post larger pictures of just those few cards it would be easier to assess if you have anything worth sending to PSA for encapsulation.

Yes, please post very detailed pics of some random nicely centered modern KISS cards. Then we can tell you exactly what to do! :p

only those of 1978?

• sorry for the question but on the PSA website it says "info price totals". what does it mean?

• @daltex said:

many of you write to me that those of 1983 wrestling have a high (monetary) value but how high? this I would like to understand. there are some who write me in private to find out how much I would like to make from the sale but the problem is that I don't know the value of the whole set :D:D:D

• Are the photos okay? take them out I don't want to ruin them :disappointed:

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2023 5:03AM

@Cards73 said:
    sorry for the question but on the PSA website it says "info price totals". what does it mean?

That’s the dollar amount of EVERY sale - the number to the left of that is the number of sales in that category, so divide the dollar amt by the number of sales and you’ll get the average of each sale - it probably won’t be a high number for these cards.

The suggestion above was to post just a couple pictures of your best cards, not close-ups of every card. This post is almost unusable now with all of the images - my iPad browser crashed 3 times just trying to display it.

Jim

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2023 5:49AM

The bottom line is: you either have to go through the work of finding the cards that are worth grading and getting them graded….or you have to sell the raw sets for the small amount they are worth as raw sets. No one is going to pay you graded card prices for raw sets.

• Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would go to Ebay and search "KISS trading cards" with filter "Completed Items" and "Sold Items".

Quick glance, it looks like raw KISS sets sell for around $100-150. Keep in mind condition may drive that up or down.

Do the same search for graded cards. There are a handful of individual cards that sold in the $20-90 range in high grade (7-9). Cool cards...I think an avid KISS fan would love to have this.

• @burghman said:

@Cards73 said:
    sorry for the question but on the PSA website it says "info price totals". what does it mean?

That’s the dollar amount of EVERY sale - the number to the left of that is the number of sales in that category, so divide the dollar amt by the number of sales and you’ll get the average of each sale - it probably won’t be a high number for these cards.

The suggestion above was to post just a couple pictures of your best cards, not close-ups of every card. This post is almost unusable now with all of the images - my iPad browser crashed 3 times just trying to display it.

but if I don't even know what the best cards are. I don't understand anything about these collections.

• @PaulMaul said:
    The bottom line is: you either have to go through the work of finding the cards that are worth grading and getting them graded….or you have to sell the raw sets for the small amount they are worth as raw sets. No one is going to pay you graded card prices for raw sets.

well it is normal that they would not pay as if they were graduated but at least understand roughly the value in order to start from a base to understand something

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

@Cards73 said:

@burghman said:

@Cards73 said:

but if I don't even know what the best cards are. I don't understand anything about these collections.

I think you’re going to need to do the research suggested- no KISS fans have chimed in yet with this information memorized, and searching ebay completed auctions is something you can do yourself. If you have specific questions about what we think a couple cards could receive when graded, there are plenty of people here that can help. But you’re not going to find anyone here to tell you what dozens or hundreds of cards will grade at or any detailed information on your specific collection.

Jim

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

Like was said earlier, I would figure out if you have complete sets or not, then search the sold items on ebay to get their value. I wouldn't even consider grading any of them. For one, you are new to this grading thing, and #2 having high condition cards is very, very rare.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

@Cards73 said:

well it is normal that they would not pay as if they were graduated but at least understand roughly the value in order to start from a base to understand something

For the most part, ungraded, they are worth almost less than what it will cost to ship them to the USA.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cards73 said:

@burghman said:

@Cards73 said:

As I said, 2 or 3 of the best centered cards. We'll tell you if any of the cards has great (monetary) value in a lower grade, but for the most part you'll need either to keep them in sets, and you've been shown what raw sets are worth, or only sell 10s.

Just scrolling very quickly above, numbers 13 and 37 are very, very far from the desired centering. This goes for all the sets you have from that era. Just show us the very, very best. If you need a guideline, only share cards that have no more than 55% of the border on any one side. And please, we'll have great fatigue with any post with more than about five pictures.

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, The Kiss Aucoin cards are all beat to He!!, OffCenter, MissCut, Dinged sides, Corner Bumps all the way to Major corner damage, and on and on. Most from a quick perusal would grade out at 4-6, maybe a few 7-8. Which makes them worth about as much as Fire starter when grading.

I've owned Dozens and Dozens of these sets and Never Never have been tempted to submit a single Card! Even back when Bulk was at $5. Mostly because there is Zero Market for them! Even with as many Kiss fans as there are! A search of E-Bay turns up one PSA 7 with an ask of $97, about $70 dollars more than its worth! And completed and Sold...Zero! I have it from a reliable source, Gene Simmons Alone holds at least 10,000 sets of every Kiss card manufactured! He has Cases and Cases made just for him as part of the licensing agreements. Wait til those hit the Market! He also has hundreds and hundreds of each and every item Ever Sold by Kiss!

Right on par with subbing Grease Cards or Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Cards!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21