Home Sports Talk
Options

For the NFL geniuses.

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is the greatest NFL non-active QB who never led the league in passing yards ?

Who is the greatest non-active RB who never led the league in rushing ?

🤔

Comments

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

    these are great questions goldenage.

    for the first one, it has to be Joe Montana

    will have to give the second one some thought

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I dont think Tony Dorsett ever won a rushing title

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I can't think of any better answers

  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2023 8:33AM

    @Goldenage said:

    Who is the greatest non-active RB who never led the league in rushing ?

    "greatest" is subjective but if we're going strictly by yards then the correct answer is Frank Gore -- almost positive he didnt win a season rushing title but he's looking up at only two people on the all-time list

    edit: just looked up his numbers......20k yards from scrimmage and almost 100 total touchdowns. who has been greater than that?

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @galaxy27 said:

    @Goldenage said:

    Who is the greatest non-active RB who never led the league in rushing ?

    "greatest" is subjective but if we're going strictly by yards then the correct answer is Frank Gore -- almost positive he didnt win a season rushing title but he's looking up at only two people on the all-time list

    edit: just looked up his numbers......20k yards from scrimmage and almost 100 total touchdowns. who has been greater than that?

    Good answer, I totally forgot about Gore. And correct, He would definitely have the most yards without a title. I always thought of him as an accumulator.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

    did curtis martin ever win a rushing title? He ranked right up there in yards rushing

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Emmitt maybe, guy from the Chargers; can't think of his name, maybe Frank Gore...

    QB who never led the league in passing yards ?
    maybe that one guy that played for the Saints or the guy that played for Colts & Broncos; I will never type there names since I unlike those two guys that much...

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Emmitt Smith led the league several times.

  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Marshawn Lynch

  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not sure about greatest, but Jim Hart had a decent career. Almost 35K yards passing and never lead the league in any given year.

  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hall of famer Terry Bradshaw never did.

  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @galaxy27 said:

    @Goldenage said:

    Who is the greatest non-active RB who never led the league in rushing ?

    "greatest" is subjective but if we're going strictly by yards then the correct answer is Frank Gore -- almost positive he didnt win a season rushing title but he's looking up at only two people on the all-time list

    edit: just looked up his numbers......20k yards from scrimmage and almost 100 total touchdowns. who has been greater than that?

    And he never got a ring for all that hard work.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @GroceryRackPack said:
    Emmitt maybe, guy from the Chargers; can't think of his name, maybe Frank Gore...

    QB who never led the league in passing yards ?
    maybe that one guy that played for the Saints or the guy that played for Colts & Broncos; I will never type there names since I unlike those two guys that much...

    Peyton and Brees both led the league multiple times

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

    QB who never led the league in passing yards ?

    a wild guess or too...John Hadl - Roman Gabriel - Daryle Lamonica

  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Bubby Brister

    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I would take Steve Young but I suspect most would choose Joe Montana.

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tabe said:
    I would take Steve Young but I suspect most would choose Joe Montana.

    Same here

Sign In or Register to comment.