Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Is there a place to keep track of graded notes, like the PCGS Registry does for coins?

I have been collecting coins for many years, but in the past few years have started collecting currency as well. I love the PCGS Registry, so I can keep track of what I have. Is there anything like that out there for currency?

Comments

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

PMG has a currency registry...pcgs keeps saying that they will but has not materialized.

• dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tomtomtomtom said:
    PMG has a currency registry...pcgs keeps saying that they will but has not materialized.

PMG seems to be ahead of the curve when it comes to currency. I see a LOT more PMG graded notes than PCGS. I have about 7 or 8 Nationals that I would like to send to get graded too, so I am likely to go PMG since they have a registry. I will go look for it. Thanks!

• Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭

There is also a site called NUMISTA which allows one to keep track of coins or banknotes upon registering. The forums are inhabited by world coin collectors primarily but it is free & you can add pictures of your inventory. It is especially helpful if you happen to own a lot of ungraded or mixed graded notes (& coins) but the banknote catalogue is only emerging.

• Flash_Flash_ Posts: 5
    edited March 5, 2023 2:33PM

If all you want to do is keep track of your currency collection without competing in a registry set, Heritage gives you that option on their website with "MyCollection". It does not matter who certified and graded your notes, or if they're raw. Also, if you win a currency lot on Heritage it will automatically be added to it. If you are not registered on Heritage's website, it is free to do so,

Matt_"Coins always make sounds, but paper money are always slient. So when your value inreases, keep yourself silent and humble."_