Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Coins that blow up the market

https://coinsweekly.com/coin_records/the-most-expensive-tetradrachms/

When I was at NYINC I saw several auctions that had ancient coins that are really special. The fun part of the show is that you can go and actually look at them up close, and unlike a museum, they will put them in your hands to look at, which is very cool.

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998

Comments

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree.
    That is a great part of going to shows.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    mrbrklynmrbrklyn Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

check out that elephant. It has been odd of late. I have had many strange happenings with Auction Houses and this seems to be a wild time in the coin market. CNG sent me a long prospectecus on the market claiming that they are getting multiple coins over bid and begging for consignments. Heritage has likewise sent very agressive emails for consignments as well. It seems these fellows don't feel like they have enough product to sell at this point and the prices are very strong.

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, they can never have too much money......

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.