Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2023 11:36AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

@skier07 said:

@ChrisH821 said:
    Whos cares if the sticker is actually on there, just look it up if you have to prove it. If someone refuses a coin just because the sticker isn't physically on the holder but can be verified I would consider them to be unreasonable in that case.

There is no guarantee the coin will resticker though in all likelihood it should. I wouldn’t buy such coin until it has the sticker or I’m getting a discount. The only exception would be if I knew the seller VERY VERY well and not some random.

It’s not being restickered it’s a REPLACEMENT sticker. 100% it’s getting its bean.

This thread (and many threads here) reminds me of that kids game where all the kids get in a line and someone whispers something to the first kid they whisper it to the next and by the time it get to the last kid it has nothing to do with the original whisper.

Telephone.

That said, without specifying the coin, it could have turned RB from red. Putty or PVC could have appeared. Coins do change in holders, especially the older holders.

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

@skier07 said:

@ChrisH821 said:
    Whos cares if the sticker is actually on there, just look it up if you have to prove it. If someone refuses a coin just because the sticker isn't physically on the holder but can be verified I would consider them to be unreasonable in that case.

There is no guarantee the coin will resticker though in all likelihood it should. I wouldn’t buy such coin until it has the sticker or I’m getting a discount. The only exception would be if I knew the seller VERY VERY well and not some random.

It’s not being restickered it’s a REPLACEMENT sticker. 100% it’s getting its bean.

This thread (and many threads here) reminds me of that kids game where all the kids get in a line and someone whispers something to the first kid they whisper it to the next and by the time it get to the last kid it has nothing to do with the original whisper.

Telephone.

That said, without specifying the coin, it could have turned RB from red. Putty or PVC could have appeared. Coins do change in holders, especially the older holders.

That’s a whole new discussion. How do they handle a coin sent in for reholder only and has obviously changed in the holder ? I would think common sense would lead the owner to send it in for a review rather than reholder unless the issue is obscure and the grading company sees it. Would they just reholder ? I suppose it goes the same for CAC if your question is would CAC replace sticker if they’re looking at a coin they wouldn’t sticker again. My original question refers to a coin no problems have developed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file