Home Sports Talk
Options

NASCAR. Daytona This Sunday.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nascar's Superbowl is this coming Sunday. Look forward to this each year. Any picks here?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a huge race fan. Never missed an event until Hollywood got involved a dozen years ago or so. Still love Sprint Car racing but I’ll tune in the last 30 laps of Daytona or if I want a nap I’ll tune in earlier

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to this.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talking about the Daytona 500............

"Today (Feb 18) in 2001, NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Sr., was killed in a crash during the Daytona 500 race."

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Denny Hamlin is my pick. Starting in 18th but he's always a driver to watch for me.

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:
    Denny Hamlin is my pick. Starting in 18th but he's always a driver to watch for me.

Not a bad pick. I could not make one definitive bet. So I went with Elliot,Blaney,Bell,Byron. Few $ on each one to win. Lets hope the weather is not an issue. "Boogitty Boogitty Boogitty Lets go racing boys" as D. Waltrip used to say.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@Steven59 said:
    Talking about the Daytona 500............

"Today (Feb 18) in 2001, NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Sr., was killed in a crash during the Daytona 500 race."

Watching replays still can't believe the results. What with so many other destructive crashes where the drivers walk away or with only minor injuries. Was a sad day in the racing world.

• Options

Like usual, Keselowski wrecks and doesn't finish - I was surprised though that it happened on the last lap of overtime - usually it's well inside the race window.

• Options

And Kyle Bush had never won the 500. He was right ther but got caught up in that late overtime lap!

• Options

Stenhouse had not won a race in 199 starts.

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Like usual, Keselowski wrecks and doesn't finish - I was surprised though that it happened on the last lap of overtime - usually it's well inside the race window.

2 years ago I had bets on Lagano and Brad to win the 500. Before the finish line they wrecked each other when either one had the race won. McDowell snuck in for the win. What really was ignorant on their part is that they were team mates. They both heard it from the boss after that race.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Weather the new start rule made it better worse not sure. However, when you take out the top 25 cars in the last crashes you get Stenhouse. Funny but Danica's only Indy win was when everyone else crashed at the end but her. I was rooting for Busch.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Stenhouse had not won a race in 199 starts.

Saw Stenhouse race WOO in 2002ish as a 16 year old at the Delta Bowl in Louisiana. Track was monster fast and he road the top around Sammy Swindell for the lead. Unfortunately he got a bit excited and rolled it over the burm the next lap. Dayton winner and dated Danica Patrick. Not bad stats for a racer. 😜

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Wonder if Stenhouse will ever win another race. Remember when Trevor Bayne won Daytona in an upset years ago. Not sure he ever won a chase race again.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't that only Bayne's 2nd race?

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets