Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Not sure what I have. Not sure of my intentions. Educate? Sell?

aisleofviewaisleofview Posts: 12
edited February 10, 2023 12:04AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I will take more detailed photos if necessary. Also, would not mind doing a Video Chat so you could ask directly rather than back and forth about this collection my father loved so dearly. Originally these were going to my brothers but they are no longer with us. So....please let me know if there is any interest .

Comments

• Options

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Rice auto looks bad, not sure on the Montana.
    Much of the stuff you have is basically worthless. I am currently going through a bunch of my cards of this era, and very few have value unless graded a PSA 10.
    HOWEVER, you may find a valuable rookie card in some of the unopened material.
    My advice is to brew up a pot of coffee, (or 4), sort the cards and check "Sold Items" under Ebay's advanced search function.
    Good luck and have fun!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2023 6:54AM

Maybe rip the 1991 Topps box and hope to luck out with a Chipper that had a chance at a 10

If that plastic box of 1989 Fleer basketball is a set put together from ripping packs, there might potentially be a couple good ones in there depending on what kind of condition they're in.

The 1990 Upper Deck hockey box can be a really fun nostalgic rip as it is packed with several HHOF RC's, but they have very little value unless they are 10's

• Options

The Holojam basketball card sets are worth around $30 each - looks you have around 10 of them.

You have maybe $300 to $400 in other unopened boxes / sets - the 1991 Upper Deck Baseball boxes sell for around $25 each.

The single cards don't appear to be much from the photos.

And I concur that the Jerry Rice signed card appears to be a fake. The Montana signed card looks either traced over or a very slowly written attempt at a forgery.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with all above. If you can get $1,000 easy money on facebook marketplace (or close to it) for little effort, I'd grab it.

If you'd rather rip $750 worth of unopened and grade a couple/few PSA 10 candidates, that would be fun too. Take the rest, donate at Salvation Army or nonprofit and take a tax writeoff for a couple hundred... Don't put any effort/money into those "autos".

Either way, just unfortunate timing that these years were so mass produced - but definitely worth something. Enjoy.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. The 1991 Upper Deck Baseball boxes sell for more like $25 to $50 each.

A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options

Thats funny about the signed cards. I taught Tae Kwon do to both j.rice jr. and Nate Montana when they were 5 and six years old.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a lot of junk wax, but the vintage playboy magazine looks cool.