Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hand cutting services?

BartAllen2BartAllen2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey there ^_^

I have quite a few Swedish Record Journal cards and Gong stickers/cards but I utterly don't trust my card cutting skills as I've just decimated a few practice cards with a metal ruler and an X-Acto knife thence my enquiry as to whether there a card cutting service I could use? Or have members cut cards for anyone before?

All comments are welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

Those are great! Just send the full magazines to cgc for total encapsulation. So cool.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe worth more uncut?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

@coinspacks said:
    Those are great! Just send the full magazines to cgc for total encapsulation. So cool.

@DeutscherGeist said:
    Maybe worth more uncut?

Thanks but WOAH! PSA would grade a full cover even for the Swedish Reckord magazine cover? But are there also no users who've hand-cut cards for others?

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty good at these type of items.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BartAllen2 said:

@coinspacks said:

@DeutscherGeist said:
    Maybe worth more uncut?

Thanks but WOAH! PSA would grade a full cover even for the Swedish Reckord magazine cover? But are there also no users who've hand-cut cards for others?

There are a few you could contact. Your next step would be searching the board archives for old threads. This same thread has been started a bunch of times by several different people over the years, specifically for Rekord Journal items, and you'd find answers already posted.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

You can call up PSA and ask them what they think about grading the whole cover. If nothing else, it would give you knowledge to make the best decision right for you.

If these cards are still collectible when cut out, how are the different types of cuts accounted for? There are different types of cuts one can make that will affect the appearance of the card edges. There is the X-acto knife cutting, laser cutting, machine cutting, etc. It's not a factory uniform type cut, so I am not sure how grading companies handle handcut cards. I am sure there is an answer to this, I am just not knowledgeable about it.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@BartAllen2 said:
    Hey there ^_^

I have quite a few Swedish Record Journal cards and Gong stickers/cards but I utterly don't trust my card cutting skills as I've just decimated a few practice cards with a metal ruler and an X-Acto knife thence my enquiry as to whether there a card cutting service I could use? Or have members cut cards for anyone before?

All comments are welcomed.

xacto knife ? YIKES !!!!
    use a paper cutter

• Options

@lawyer05 said:
    xacto knife ? YIKES !!!!
    use a paper cutter

OOO any suggestions on which paper cutter :3

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

AmazonBasics Paper Trimmer -12" Blade, 10 Sheet Capacity
    Visit the Amazon Basics Store
    4.5 out of 5 stars 7,501 ratings | 47 answered questions
    $36.49
    FREE Returns
    With Amazon Business, you would have saved $306.76 in the last year. Create a free account and save up to 4% today.
    Get a $100 Gift Card: Pay $0.00 $36.49 upon approval for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. No annual fee.
    May be available at a lower price from other sellers, potentially without free Prime shipping.
    Size: 12"

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Try asking someone at a Staples or Office Max type store if they could do it for you.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a simple Fiskurs surecut. Works well fine me.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have used the above paper cutter for all of my Hotess panels.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BartAllen2 said:

@lawyer05 said:
    xacto knife ? YIKES !!!!
    use a paper cutter

OOO any suggestions on which paper cutter :3

I have used all the mentioned cutters. They all can work, but if blade gets dull, it can tear the paper.
    I have the best results with the xacto and the Zirconium blades. I change them often.
    Practice with whatever works best for you.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set