Home Sports Talk

Michael Irvin sent home from SB LVII by NFL Network after alleged comment to lady.

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2023 4:39PM

After a few(?) drinks....He said that he had a brief conversation with the woman, but "I can't remember what I said."
    I believe him...Happens All The Time To Me After Talking To Strange Ladies In Elevators When I'm Smashed...Memory Lapse.....Right?.....

Great Alibi..
    I Can't Remember....
    My Mind's In A Blender....

Works For Me.....

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

ESPN jumping to conclusions again instead of investigating the occurence first?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

edited February 8, 2023 4:38PM

@Steven59 said:

What makes you think that ESPN was, "jumping to conclusions" and that ESPN did not "investigate the occurrence first"?

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Irvin: "hey"

Lady: "what"

Irvin: "are you my appendix? i don't know what you do or how you work, but i feel like i should take you out"

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

edited February 9, 2023 2:07PM

@galaxy27 said:
    Irvin: "hey"

Lady: "what"

Irvin: "are you my appendix? i don't know what you do or how you work, but i feel like i should take you out"

OR....To get right to where the RUBBER meets the road....

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@Steven59 said:

[What makes you think that ESPN was, "jumping to conclusions" and that ESPN did not "investigate the occurrence first"?]

So you want me to say exactly why I say that and then get banned? I'm not falling for that trap!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

edited February 8, 2023 7:36PM

@Steven59 said:

@Hydrant said:

@Steven59 said:

[What makes you think that ESPN was, "jumping to conclusions" and that ESPN did not "investigate the occurrence first"?]

So you want me to say exactly why I say that and then get banned? I'm not falling for that trap!

I wasn't trying to set a trap. Just curious....
    Anyway, My Mother was born in Columbus, Kansas. It's the County seat of Cherokee County. On the Oklahoma Strip. It was known as No Man's Land. Outlaws and Renegades. It's the kind of place that you will never go to unless you're going there.

Anyway, She LOVED Will Rogers.....Because he was funny, from Oklahoma, (she pronounced it...Oak-Ah-LA-Homa), a Cowboy,....and......he was a CHEROKEE!...

Mom was a Cowgirl...

I Never Messed With My Mom....
    She'd Kick Your Ass....
    Seven Ways From Sunday....
    R.I.P.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2023 4:58AM

Could be something inappropriate or it could be blown way out of proportion, without the facts it's impossible to give an opinion on it

My definition of inappropriate is VASTLY different than ESPN or the NFL Network though, I'll leave it at that lol

Irvin is definitely capable of being an idiot regardless though

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will just never understand why celebrities would ever put themselves into situations like that to begin with. Why drink to inebriation in that situation at all? everyone has a cell phone. there are cameras everywhere. not to mention he is there for work.

Good grief.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Judging only from Michael Irvin's comments on the situation I'd be worried if I were him. He evidently was in a "Blackout" or what's sometimes referred to as a "Brownout" where periods of memory loss from intoxication take place. That's all they are, at a point of intoxication the mechanism for our brain to form a memory is lost and we perform as usual but remember nothing. Irvin says he can't remember anything about what happened, what was said or even what the woman looked like.

It was pretty stupid to say all that publicly.