Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone try CHatGPT to search all things numismatics?

Microsoft now has a public a version of its bing search with CHatGPT .

https://techcrunch.com/2023/02/07/microsoft-launches-the-new-bing-with-chatgpt-built-in/amp/

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a couple of threads attempting it over on the US forum.

Consensus seems to be it's a very good artificial mansplainer - unwaveringly confident in it's "facts", even though the facts may be completely and utterly wrong, or irrelevant to the question.

It needs more (a) fact-checking and logic-checking, and (b) some capacity to express uncertainty if the answers it finds are debated or ambiguous.

I think it's far more likely to be "wrong" about facts about world and ancient coins, than US coins, simply because there's far more material to work from on the Internet for US coins.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Why would anyone want to join a place that just wants to collect data on you to sell to someone else. You'll be engulfed by spam or scams from now until tomorrow.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sapyx said:
    There's a couple of threads attempting it over on the US forum.

Consensus seems to be it's a very good artificial mansplainer - unwaveringly confident in it's "facts", even though the facts may be completely and utterly wrong, or irrelevant to the question.

It needs more (a) fact-checking and logic-checking, and (b) some capacity to express uncertainty if the answers it finds are debated or ambiguous.

I think it's far more likely to be "wrong" about facts about world and ancient coins, than US coins, simply because there's far more material to work from on the Internet for US coins.

Thank you 😊

I agree !

We’ll find out .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Why would someone want to join a place that is only in it to collect personnel data and wants? You'll be engulfed in spam and scammers forever.