Home Sports Talk
Options

Lebron James now all-time NBA point leader

Great game this evening!!!

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took 34 years to pass that record!!!

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will be the 1st to 40 000 points as well if he stays healthy less than 1800 points to go.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my opinion, but I don't like it. Still, I see and recognize the difficulty of his accomplishment.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now he is the league's all-time scorer and the most humble player of all time.

"For me, I think it's great barbershop talk," James said when asked what this record does for his case as the GOAT. "It's going to happen forever and ever. If I was the GM or whatever the case may be of a franchise I was starting up and I had the No. 1 pick, I would take me

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I posted this video last night, the 3rd quarter had just ended with OKC up 5 and Lebron had his 36 for the record.
    I just checked the boxscore and LA lost by 3 while Lebron finished with 38pts for the night.
    So he scored just 2pts during the 8mins of play in the 4th quarter before lopsing by 3.
    On a night that he breaks the all time scoring record his team could have used just a little bit more scoring for the win.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

When I posted this video last night, the 3rd quarter had just ended with OKC up 5 and Lebron had his 36 for the record.
    I just checked the boxscore and LA lost by 3 while Lebron finished with 38pts for the night.
    So he scored just 2pts during the 8mins of play in the 4th quarter before lopsing by 3.
    On a night that he breaks the all time scoring record his team could have used just a little bit more scoring for the win.

I responded but it disappeared. Anyway, I said that he is already being criticized. He wasted his energy on the record on a night when truly the most important thing was the win.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who?

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless of whether one likes or dislikes LBJ, there is no denying that he is a phenomenal basketball player.

His durability (now in his 20th season and with playoff appearances having played games totaling 22-23 seasons) and the continued high level of his productivity is amazing. I can see him playing into his early to mid 40s (assuming he suffers no serious injuries) if he desires. That would be another 4-5 years. If he does play that long and continues to be productive he will likely reach 40,000 to 45, 000 regular season points.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it before:

There's a lot to dislike with LeBron with his weird ego and attitude and flopping but... no one - NO ONE - has been an elite player for as long as him. Perhaps no one in any of the four major US sports. He's averaging 30 in his 20th season. That's just unprecedented.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    I've said it before:
    [ He's averaging 30 in his 20th season. That's just unprecedented. ]

Got to admit that's pretty impressive at age 38.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Tabe said:
    I've said it before:

There's a lot to dislike with LeBron with his weird ego and attitude and flopping but... no one - NO ONE - has been an elite player for as long as him. Perhaps no one in any of the four major US sports. He's averaging 30 in his 20th season. That's just unprecedented.

Tom would just like to remind you that he was dropping 40&43 passing TDs in years 21 & 22 of his career. 😉
    Those two years were his 2nd & 3rd most passing TDs seasons ever. 😎

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2023 4:56PM

@erikthredd said:

@Tabe said:
    I've said it before:

Tom would just like to remind you that he was dropping 40&43 passing TDs in years 21 & 22 of his career. 😉

Tom didn't average 30 in the NBA in his 20th year though :)

• Options

@Tabe said:

@erikthredd said:

@Tabe said:
    I've said it before:

Tom didn't average 30 in the NBA in his 20th year though :)

Hey,Tom dropping 30 a game in 2020 is close enough lol.........................................................................................................VVV