Home PSA Set Registry Forum

How to start a Player Set with a card that is not yet part of the set checklist

I want to start an Eddie Murray Master Set, but I only have one card to begin, and that card is not yet part of the composite. I am not able to start an Eddie Murray set and therefore am unable to access the 'Should you have a PSA-graded card that does not appear in this set composite, login to “My Set Registry,” go to your set in “My Sets” and use the link called “Report a cert that should match this composite” to report the item you would like added' link.

Any suggestions?

If you are curious, the card I am trying to start with is this one.

Comments

• stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobsbbcards said:
    Buy another Eddie Murphy card. :)

I have considered that but was hoping there was a better option.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 531 cards in the Eddie Murphy Master Set. Are you gonna tell us that you're trying to "start" this Master Set, but are bugged by not being able to enter a card that doesn't currently exist in the Composition?

Seems you are self-inflciting some nonsense and want us to solve a silly problem, when in fact you have 531 options +/- to solve it yourself.

• stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    There are 531 cards in the Eddie Murphy Master Set. Are you gonna tell us that you're trying to "start" this Master Set, but are bugged by not being able to enter a card that doesn't currently exist in the Composition?

Seems you are self-inflciting some nonsense and want us to solve a silly problem, when in fact you have 531 options +/- to solve it yourself.

Not trying to be difficult here, so please don't treat me as though I am. I know that I could buy another card, but I was hoping there was an option within the Set Registry that I wasn't seeing.

If that's my only option, I understand.

I appreciate your input. I realize that it might be my only option.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago, I had a similar situation, and was able to contact the registry staff, who added the item so I could start the set. Nowadays I doubt you’d even get a response if you emailed them.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox