Home Sports Talk
Options

Sean Payton puts Russell Wilson in his place

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is too funny, the stories coming out of Denver, Sean Payton is apparently going to rule over Russell Wilson with an iron fist. First he came out and said that he is putting a stop to Russell Wilson being on social media, and now he says that Russell Wilson's personal coach Jake Heaps won't be allowed at the Broncos facility.

Sean Payton when asked about winning this season. "Just know that we are working. There will be a little less visibility on social media. And we are going to work, and kind of earn our trust with the fans. You'll definitely see a different culture.”

Payton obviously doesn’t mention Wilson by name here, but it’s not hard to connect the dots. Wilson found a way to make headlines on social media all season long, whether it was his now infamous “Broncos country, let’s ride” video, or his ridiculous responses to questions in the media, and he didn’t exactly conduct himself well throughout the season. Payton makes it clear that’s not going to happen now that he’s in charge, and it looks like he is trying to put Wilson on notice with this quick shot during his introductory press conference.

Russell Wilson's personal coach Jake Heaps joined the Denver Broncos quarterback in his move from Seattle to Denver last season.

He attended last offseason's training camp but won't have access to Broncos facilities under Sean Payton.

The Broncos officially introduced Sean Payton Monday, and he was asked about Heaps and his access. He responded that he's "unfamiliar" with the practice, but that it won't continue under his leadership.

"That's foreign to me," Payton said. "That's not gonna take place here. I'm unfamiliar with it. But our staff will be here, our players will be here, and that'll be it."

Comments

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, but he is washed up, Broncs need a new qb, that is Payton's message here...........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2023 8:21PM

Wilson sucks, nothing is going to change that

• Options

I need a good little circus sideshow to follow next season, I haven't really had one since the Urban Meyer saga in Jacksonville. This should be a fun story to cover, Sean Payton thinks he can fix Russell Wilson!

• Options

And Russell Wilson certainly needs fixing, God bless him, he didn't win much last season except this sad little award.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wilson was terrible last season. I think he is young enough though to be fixed. we shall see. I do love it when a coach comes in and takes control of a team.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭

how many super bowls has sean payton won ? It is not like he is the greatest coach in history. Had drew as his qb basically the whole time he was coaching too, plus was banned from the league in 2012, looks great on his coaching resume.... in my opinion Russell Wilson seems to be more of an outstanding person then his new coach

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@paulb71 said:
    how many super bowls has sean payton won ? It is not like he is the greatest coach in history. Had drew as his qb basically the whole time he was coaching too, plus was banned from the league in 2012, looks great on his coaching resume.... in my opinion Russell Wilson seems to be more of an outstanding person then his new coach

As I've said before, Payton the GM ran the Saints into the ground and bailed when the cap was no longer sufficiently malleable.