Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions on Subbing Cards Never Graded Before, 1980 Kelloggs 3D 2 card connected panels

Afternoon,

Recently I bought a Unopened cardboard Box with a complete set of 1980 Kelloggs Baseball 3D set of cards. I discovered when opening them that they had originally came in 2 card panels. I started a thread here and that was the consensus. Although most of the Cards were separated on at least one tab, I did find 4 each 2 card sets that had nor separated at all.

I checked the population report and none of these have ever been Graded, so I am going to put these in a small sub I am putting together and I have some questions.

1, How much research is going to need to be done on this already (Single cards) graded and researched set?
2. Is there anything I can do to make this process less brain damage?
3. I ask, hoping I know the answer already, but there is no possibility of them(PSA) breaking these apart?
4. ????????

Here are the cards:

All of you who have subbed First Cards before, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you find a reference book that describes how the send in sets were issued?
    Standard catalog?
    I have included pages directly from the book on occasion.
    Hope for the best but prepare for them to refuse to grade unless you can find documentation.
    I am sure they will not separate them.
    BANZAI!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

They won’t separate them. I’ve submitted a ton of “first graded” items and the only success I’ve had was by referencing Beckett or SCD.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox