Home Sports Talk

Kyrie Irving Requests Trade: Report

Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again? Seems like he's never happy..........wonder which team is going to be interested?

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
"Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving has told the franchise that he wants to be traded ahead of Thursday's deadline, source tells ESPN."

https://wtam.iheart.com/content/2023-02-03-kyrie-irving-requests-trade-report/

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Comments

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would just like to point out that it was the Boston Celtics that just smacked down Kyrie's Nets in their last game that caused this trade request. The C's led by 30 after one,as much as 49pts at one point,on the way to a 43 point Nets loss. That is all. 😎😎😎

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow shocker lol

He is the most high maintenance player, if he just played ball and wasnt such a pain in the rear end he would be so.much better

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's always some team out there that will take a chance on a "talented problem" !

"The Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks are reportedly trade destinations for Irving, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania. The Suns are "one of the few teams capable of facilitating a deal," Bleacher Report's Chris Haynes reported."

I feel bad for my homie thisistheshow because if I had to guess one team that Kyrie gets traded to its probably gonna be the Mavs with Luka. I hope at least that his trade value is at an all time low and Dallas gets him for pennies on the dollar. The only other teams that I could see be interested are the Lakers & Suns.

I say let the Lakers get him - LeBron will keep him inline - :D

But that's probably what he wants,to get back under Lebron's coattails and where he could make money off the court. LA is so desperate to upgrade their roster that they'll probably have no problem signing Kyrie longterm.

If he's so petty to demand a trade all because he doesn't like the stipulations,which are well warranted, in the latest Nets contract offer then ship his ass to Charlotte or Houston. (my apologies to anyone here from Charlotte or Houston. Your teams are current NBA purgatory)

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great player but totally selfish jerk...............................

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I feel bad for my homie thisistheshow because if I had to guess one team that Kyrie gets traded to its probably gonna be the Mavs with Luka. I hope at least that his trade value is at an all time low and Dallas gets him for pennies on the dollar. The only other teams that I could see be interested are the Lakers & Suns.

As the years have gone on with Luka it has become clear to many that it will not be easy to pair him with the right running mate.

Kyrie's game, I am sad to say, is probably about the most perfect fit there could be in terms of a superstar anyway. Might sound outrageous, but his ability to perform both in and off the ball would fit ideally with Luka, imo. That being said, his game is not the only thing Kyrie carries. And that other baggage is just too much.

If I had to guess, he will make his way to LA.

I had some errands to do this afternoon, and took in three different segments on two local stations about Kyrie. I was shocked to hear how much support there is for bringing him to Dallas.

I saw what he did in Boston, and I want no part of that again.

I want to see my Celtics win another championship. And I'd love to see the Mavs make some more deep runs. I don't think Kyrie is the way to go. And fortunately the Mavs might not have the right assets to pull it off.

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

As the years have gone on with Luka it has become clear to many that it will not be easy to pair him with the right running mate.

Kyrie's game, I am sad to say, is probably about the most perfect fit there could be in terms of a superstar anyway. Might sound outrageous, but his ability to perform both in and off the ball would fit ideally with Luka, imo. That being said, his game is not the only thing Kyrie carries. And that other baggage is just too much.

If I had to guess, he will make his way to LA.

I had some errands to do this afternoon, and took in three different segments on two local stations about Kyrie. I was shocked to hear how much support there is for bringing him to Dallas.

I saw what he did in Boston, and I want no part of that again.

I want to see my Celtics win another championship. And I'd love to see the Mavs make some more deep runs. I don't think Kyrie is the way to go. And fortunately the Mavs might not have the right assets to pull it off.

If there's a chance for Dallas to get him really cheap then it wouldn't hurt to give him half of a season with Luka. Who knows,if they mesh well and he decides to stay,he might be able to convince another star to come there.
    If they could get him without giving up Dinwiddie,Wood or Finnie-Smith and by only including one first rounder then I think that they should give it a shot.
    That all being said,I get it. We went through all of his drama when he was here and it only looks like he's taken it to another level since then in Brooklyn.

LA is the most obvious choice for him but I'm not to sure that the Nets want to take back Westbrook even if its only for half a season. I thought that the Suns made sense to but their new owner is Jewish so that might not work.

Russell Westbrook questionable for tonight's game with a non-covid illness. Yup,something is in the works.

@erikthredd said:
    I would just like to point out that it was the Boston Celtics that just smacked down Kyrie's Nets in their last game that caused this trade request. The C's led by 30 after one,as much as 49pts at one point,on the way to a 43 point Nets loss. That is all. 😎😎😎

😂🤣😂🤣

@erikthredd said:
    [Russell Westbrook questionable for tonight's game with a non-covid illness. Yup,something is in the works.]

Coincidence?

"Kyrie Irving (right calf soreness) out Saturday vs. Wizards"

@Steven59 said:

@erikthredd said:
    [Russell Westbrook questionable for tonight's game with a non-covid illness. Yup,something is in the works.]

Coincidence?

"Kyrie Irving (right calf soreness) out Saturday vs. Wizards"

Nope. Can't let one of these guys get hurt and screw up all of their trade talks lol.

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyrie Irving is a tragic and confusing player. During the period when Golden State and Cleveland were battling each other every year is when his spiral downward began, he evidently couldn't tolerate being the number two player for the Cavs and arguably one of the top five players in the NBA. Had Irving not have had his meltdown I feel confident the Cavs would have retained Lebron James and continued the war with the Warriors.

On a personal level, Irving seemed headed for the NBA HOF, a shoe-in based on the trajectory of his career. I doubt he'll make it now and he's wasted the last five years reminding all the voters why they should keep him out.

edited February 4, 2023 5:15PM

It also doesn't help that he seems to always get hurt during the playoffs when the games becomes more intense and physical.

@Maywood said:

On a personal level, Irving seemed headed for the NBA HOF, a shoe-in based on the trajectory of his career. I doubt he'll make it now and he's wasted the last five years reminding all the voters why they should keep him out.

As much as he's hurt his reputation with all of his off the court drama in recent years I'd honestly say he's a lock for the HOF when you look at his career accomplishments.
    Rookie of the Year
    8x All Star w/an AS MVP
    All-NBA 2nd team
    All NBA 3rd team 2x
    1 Championship ring w/arguably the biggest game winner in Cavs history
    3x Gold medals representing US basketball
    Career averages of 23/6/4

Comparable players in the HOF :
    Tim Hardaway (HOF w/C\career numbers of 15.3K points/2.8K rebounds/7K assists)
    Joe Dumars (HOF w/career numbers of 16.4K points/2.2K rebounds/4.6K assists)
    Pete Maravich (HOF w/career numbers of 15.9K points/2.7K rebounds/3.5K assists)
    Tiny Archibald (HOF w/career numbers of 16.4K points/2K rebounds/6.4K assists)
    Mitch Richmond (HOF w/career numbers of 20.4K points/3.8K rebounds/3.3K assists)
    Gail Goodrich (HOF w/career numbers of 19.1K points/3.2K rebounds/4.8K assists)
    Calvin Murphy (HOF w/career numbers of 17.9K points/2.1K rebounds/4.4K assists)
    Lou Hudson (HOF w/career numbers of 17.9K points/3.9K rebounds/2.4K assists)
    Paul Arizin (HOF w/career numbers of 16.2K points/6.1K rebounds/!.6K assists)

Kyrie's current (15.1K points/2.5K rebounds/3.7K assists) compares to most of this group and he should pass quite a few in numbers providing he plays another 3-5 years. At age 30 that is likely.

I agree with @erikthredd in that it would be hard for me to believe that he will not be a HOFer.

Alot of those players have very similar accomplishments comparable to Kyrie like lots of AS games,handful of All-NBA teams,some have won a ring or two.
    It would take something like NBA owners pulling a boycott of signing him and basically blackballing him right out of the league for Irving not to make the HOF at this point.
    There was even talk of being deserving of making the NBA's top 75 all time players. He didn't get in but will likely make the top 100 list once its time.

He's on his way to Dallas.
    The Nets and Mavericks have agreed to a trade that will send point guard Kyrie Irving to Dallas, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter link).

According to Charania (Twitter link) and Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN (Twitter links), Brooklyn will receive guard Spencer Dinwiddie, forward Dorian Finney-Smith, an unprotected 2029 first-round pick, a 2027 second-round pick, and a 2029 second-round pick in the swap.

The Nets will also send forward Markieff Morris to the Mavs, Charania adds.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/02/nets-to-trade-kyrie-irving-to-mavericks.html

Sorry @thisistheshow at least Luka is getting some help for this year.

edited February 5, 2023 1:24PM

If he doesn't re-sign with Dallas this offseason they just lost two of their top 4 players along with picks for nothing. Luka will definitely want out at that point. Cuban just made a huge gamble,imho.

@erikthredd Amazingly enough I just learned of this news from your comment. I just finished a nice late lunch or early diner, and I was thinking about whether or not to watch that movie you recommended.

This is unbelievable.

Both Luka and the fans here looooooove Dorian Finney-Smith (doe doe). Losing him is the piece that would hurt the most, I imagine, if this is unsuccessful.

https://youtu.be/-JppkAutmbE

If he leaves without giving the Mavs the chance for a sign & trade, Luka will then want out right away because that money saved would only clear up their tax situation. They wouldn't be able to go sign other free agents.
    Cuban has been so conservative for so long and then makes this deal that could cost him his franchise player. Makes no sense.

That didn't take long.................should be interesting to watch Luka and Irving on the court at the same time.

@erikthredd I think we talked about this play last year, don't remember. Either way, Finney-Smith is the guy he rushes right in to have Luka's back. This is a big loss, imo, for the locker room. Yes, it might work. I'm just saying...lol

https://youtu.be/zFa5M-nXbNA

@thisistheshow said:
    @erikthredd I think we talked about this play last year, don't remember. Either way, Finney-Smith is the guy he rushes right in to have Luka's back. This is a big loss, imo, for the locker room. Yes, it might work. I'm just saying...lol

https://youtu.be/zFa5M-nXbNA

I believe it and forget DFS for a minute, just adding Kyrie alone into that locker room might kill their team chemistry. This current team just saw what its like losing Brunson with no return,if that happens two years in a row after dealing away two of your best players 😱
    Celtics fans know what having literally no bench depth is like after Kyrie,Horford,Rozier & Morris all left in 2019 with no returns. Our bench was a bunch of 2nd round picks and foreign free agents for two years because the team lost those 4 salary slots that accounted for about 57M.

@erikthredd said:
    If he leaves without giving the Mavs the chance for a sign & trade, Luka will then want out right away because that money saved would only clear up their tax situation. They wouldn't be able to go sign other free agents.
    Cuban has been so conservative for so long and then makes this deal that could cost him his franchise player. Makes no sense.

Dallas sports media has gone overboard trying to convince me that this is a good move, and that everything will still be okay for the Mavs even if this doesn't go smoothly. All I can say is ... this is the show ...

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Dallas sports media has gone overboard trying to convince me that this is a good move, and that everything will still be okay for the Mavs even if this doesn't go smoothly. All I can say is ... this is the show ...

😂🤣😂😱
    There are already reports of Dallas not wanting to offer him a contract extension until they see he can mesh with Luka. I get trying to appease Luka to show him they're willing to updgrade the roster but man its Kyrie Irving lol. You'd think that someone high up in the Mavs front office has been paying attention over the last 2-3 years.

I spent some time reading what Mavs fans have thought of that deal and I was actually wrong about Dallas having no cap space if he leaves. He leaves and they don't re-sign Wood and a couple lesser players then they'd have roughly 25M and this team left: Luka, THj, Bullock, Bertans, Maxi, McGee, Green, Hardy.

I also read that Dallas might be interested in a Kevin Love for Tim Hardaway Jr plus another player deal with the Cavs, if they did that and don't try to re-sign Love this summer they'd then have another 28M on top of that 25 above. The only downside is its an underwhelming group of free agents. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Also Stephen A Smith has already come out on First Take today saying that Durant wants out now and keep an eye on the Celtics who are offering Jaylen Brown again. This guy is totally fos right now, Boston didn't want to make this deal back in the summer and since then the team has been the best in basketball w/Brown having a career year and Durant is out with another injury.

@erikthredd said:

Also Stephen A Smith has already come out on First Take today saying that Durant wants out now and keep an eye on the Celtics who are offering Jaylen Brown again. This guy is totally fos right now, Boston didn't want to make this deal back in the summer and since then the team has been the best in basketball w/Brown having a career year and Durant is out with another injury.

Conspiracy Theory alert...jaylen Brown will miss tonight's Celtics-Pistons game with a non-covid illness. 😉👌

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

😂🤣😂😱
    There are already reports of Dallas not wanting to offer him a contract extension until they see he can mesh with Luka. I get trying to appease Luka to show him they're willing to updgrade the roster but man its Kyrie Irving lol. You'd think that someone high up in the Mavs front office has been paying attention over the last 2-3 years.

I spent some time reading what Mavs fans have thought of that deal and I was actually wrong about Dallas having no cap space if he leaves. He leaves and they don't re-sign Wood and a couple lesser players then they'd have roughly 25M and this team left: Luka, THj, Bullock, Bertans, Maxi, McGee, Green, Hardy.

I also read that Dallas might be interested in a Kevin Love for Tim Hardaway Jr plus another player deal with the Cavs, if they did that and don't try to re-sign Love this summer they'd then have another 28M on top of that 25 above. The only downside is its an underwhelming group of free agents. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Yeah, it doesn't look like it will be a potential cap disaster even if it is an on court or off court disaster. I could write out all of the hopium and copium they are handing out here, but there is no need. Beside the obvious grim reaper Kyrie scenario is the fact that the Mavs just traded away arguably their two best locker room guys.

Irving expected to make his Mavs debut tonight...............

-> @Steven59 said:

He's gonna be great for these next 3-4 months, he wants that money.

@erikthredd said:
    -> @Steven59 said:

[ He's gonna be great for these next 3-4 months, he wants that money.]

He may be - but Kyrie already has a net worth of 90 Million$. Some people are way overjoyed with that much and don't care about anymore...... who knows what he's thinking?

I'm a bit more interested if Luka will play along side of him without any bickering.........we shall see!

@Steven59 said:

@erikthredd said:
    -> @Steven59 said:

[ He's gonna be great for these next 3-4 months, he wants that money.]

He may be - but Kyrie already has a net worth of 90 Million$. Some people are way overjoyed with that much and don't care about anymore...... who knows what he's thinking?

I'm a bit more interested if Luka will play along side of him without any bickering.........we shall see!

He must have wasted quite a bit of money for his net worth to be that low. He's made over 260+M between his salaries & his endorsements and I doubt that that number includes money from his Uncle Drew movie.

He cares about this next contract though when he'll be eligible to make roughly 180-190M over 4yrs.

I think Luka will be fine with kyrie as a sidekick,he had Jaylen Brunson & Spencer Dinwiddie last season and just Dinwiddie this year. If Christian Wood doesn't get traded they should have three players that can get them 20+ a night.

@erikthredd said:
    { He must have wasted quite a bit of money for his net worth to be that low. He's made over 260+M between his salaries & his endorsements and I doubt that that number includes money from his Uncle Drew movie.}

All depends on how good his accountant is and if he is an owner of several businesses that "Lose" money with all the deductibles............

Some years ago (feels like a lifetime) my daughter used to watch a show called "Kickin' It". I would watch it with her. After Kyrie's rookie season, he had a minor guest appearance. He would never do this now. Lol. https://youtu.be/hLm9gY69zf4

@Steven59 said:

@erikthredd said:
    { He must have wasted quite a bit of money for his net worth to be that low. He's made over 260+M between his salaries & his endorsements and I doubt that that number includes money from his Uncle Drew movie.}

All depends on how good his accountant is and if he is an owner of several businesses that "Lose" money with all the deductibles............

Not sure about his accountant but I do know that his agent is his mother in law lol. He's lost himself so much money in recent years because of his actions. He could be playing on a Supermax deal right now that would have him paid in the 40-50M/yr range.
    Not to mention all of the drama he started with the Jewish community ended up costing him most of his endorsement deals.

Maybe he's not your typical greedy athlete?

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyrie Irving is and always will be a train wreck, great talent but does not have the character, when the chips are down, he whines. LOL......................

Mavs won't be better with him, won't win a championship with him, will be just what the Mavs are, another team in the west that if they make it far enough, will be cannon fodder for the east champions.................................................

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/