• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chiefs 30, Eagles 24

• Options

It should be a classic made for TV 1 score game regardless of who wins

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't predict the score, but I think the Chiefs will get it done, and stevek, wherever he is, will be so depressed about his Eagles losing, that he will resort to seeking therapy through the art of hummingbird helmet feeding!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm liking @LandrysFedora & @perkdog numbers there... :)
    I know that I would like to call Jimmy Snyder and review his final thoughts for this one...
    You guys know who I'm pulling for...

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭

As long as its a close game I will watch it but if a blow out I will go back to reading a book as I don't care who wins.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a feel for this one. My showing in the picks contest shows that I don't ever really have a feel, so this is nothing new.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the game was being played in two days, i'd have to go Philly. KC's infirmary list is just too long. but i think the extra week is huge.

i reserve the right to change my mind, but a little over a week out my gut says that the Eagles are the better team, but Mahomes & Co. are going to find a way to win

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭

Mahomes is hobbled with that ankle sprain which is a long term deal so his running game will be in question.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    if the game was being played in two days, i'd have to go Philly. KC's infirmary list is just too long. but i think the extra week is huge.

Agree...agree...and agree... :)

Mahomes & Co. are going to find a way to win-----I'm thinking the same thing... B)
    If Patrick was a member here....I would go with something like this...
    @Patrick15 As You Lead They Will Follow...

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chiefs 31, Smeogols 21. Gollum................................

Mahomes superstar says it all.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:
    Chiefs 31, Smeogols 21. Gollum................................

Mahomes superstar says it all.

Oh Yeah... :)

• Options

In the last 9 hrs I have done many things (regular stuff pretty much), and one of them is to stop vacillating on this pick. Eagles...

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I don't have a feel for this one. My showing in the picks contest shows that I don't ever really have a feel, so this is nothing new.

Don't sell yourself short. You did just as well as I did.
    BTW Eagles

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Chiefs 24 Eagles 18

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    Chiefs 24 Eagles 18

Oh Yeah... :)

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

I love Mahomes, my favorite QB after Brady, but I think the Eagles D-line will give him fits. I don't think the Chiefs will be able to stop Hurts running the ball on offense. I see 10+ point victory for the Eagles. Hopefully, I am wrong as I don't want Mahomes to be 1-2 in the big game.

That said, if KC wins the turnover battle like 3-1 or 3-0 then they will win. I think it is basically impossible to predict turnovers in games like this, so that is an x-factor that ruins any other prediction.

Robb

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope it’s not like UG-TCU.

I have to go with the defense here.

Fly

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    I just hope it’s not like UG-TCU.

I have to go with the defense here.

Fly

No way, I think it will be a one score outcome without question

• Options

@Brick said:

@thisistheshow said:

Don't sell yourself short. You did just as well as I did.
    BTW Eagles

Thank you for the kind words.

And for the record, let it be known that both @brick and I pick the Eagles. In other words...

felicidades @Darin

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2023 3:33PM

Like a dear departed friend of mine used to say, "I'm Donald Duck I don't give A f***."

I must add this.... I don't care what team wins any football game....or baseball... or any sport...... I never did...ever. Except for the Dodgers in the 7th game of the 1965 World Series. Sandy Koufax!.. It's just a game.....like kids playing a board game.....What difference does it make who wins and who loses?....Have Fun....I just like a good game....That Chiefs/Bengals playoff game was a good game!....Best one I can remember since the Lambs beat the Chiefs 54-51 a few years ago at the Coliseum.... That was a GOOD GAME!....
    It's no coincidence that Mahomes was involved in both those games.....He's something special. I hope he's healthy for the SB.....He will make it a good game....win or lose.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Like a dear departed friend of mine used to say, "I'm Donald Duck I don't give A f***."

I must add this.... I don't care what team wins any football game....or baseball... or any sport...... I never did...ever. Except for the Dodgers in the 7th game of the 1965 World Series. Sandy Koufax!.. It's just a game.....like kids playing a board game.....What difference does it make who wins and who loses?....Have Fun....I just like a good game....That Chiefs/Bengals playoff game was a good game!....Best one I can remember since the Lambs beat the Chiefs 54-51 a few years ago at the Coliseum.... That was a GOOD GAME!....
    It's no coincidence that Mahomes was involved in both those games.....He's something special. I hope he's healthy for the SB.....He will make it a good game....win or lose.

So your perfect NFL game is perhaps an entertaining tie? (not possible in playoffs,yes)...