Home Sports Talk

double d needs help from all of us

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

now that football is on the verge of crossing the finish line, this place is going to die a slow death if everyone not named doubledragon doesn't ramp up their contributions. and that includes yours truly. at one time this place was crackin'. then a bunch of regs got walloped over the head with the banhammer and the population dropped. right before double d joined it was so desolate that even the crickets drifted off into a comatose state.

so if you care about this place, ratchet it up a notch or two and let's make sure it doesn't fade into oblivion. unless your idea of fun is staring at nothing.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the support, unfortunately I knew this day would arrive, the end of football season. I need all the help I can get, I'm a desperate man, I just started a NASCAR thread earlier, God only knows what I'll do next!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on board!!! And agree 100000%

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2023 5:35PM

@galaxy27 said:

.......at one time this place was crackin'. then a bunch of regs got walloped over the head with the banhammer and the population dropped. right before double d joined it was so desolate that even the crickets drifted off into a comatose state.

KEETS....Remember Him?

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll do the best I can to keep posting however I only comment on what I have good knowledge of.
    Fortunately I am one of those who not only knows it all. I actually do. :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, between today and sports on Saturday, I guess this will work - :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@galaxy27 said:

{ unless your idea of fun is staring at nothing.}

Damn son, I guess sometimes it's better that way - :D

• wozymodowozymodo Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2023 8:03PM

Edit - Go Eagles!!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of upcoming sporting events to comment on. Baseball spring training,Basketball playoffs,PGA golf/Masters,Nascar. I'm sure I will find something in these sports to comment on.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about the new sport of slapping the crap out of your opponent?

In non sports news there is going to be a gladiator sequel. It will be centered on lucious, the boy in the original, as he grows up and becomes emperor

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that I see my friend DD is in need, I have no choice but to recant my recent self-imposed demise. I will contribute what I can to ensure the wonderful world of DD, aka as WWODD, not only survives, but thrives.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome back 1955 Topps!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Now that I see my friend DD is in need, I have no choice but to recant my recent self-imposed demise. I will contribute what I can to ensure the wonderful world of DD, aka as WWODD, not only survives, but thrives.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Well the USFL is returning this year - :#