Home Sports Talk
Options

NASCAR bans the wall ride

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ross Chastain became a legend with his famous wall ride in Martinsville, a move that propelled him past five cars on the last lap and into the chase for the cup, NASCAR has decided to ban the move. Here is a video from when the wall ride made the news.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hiqSy4S7R5Y

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2, 2023 12:38PM

I can't believe I just started a NASCAR thread, yep, football season must be coming to an end. I've become desperate for sports.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember watching that on TV - it didn't look real, even the announcers were like "What the heck just happened?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also heard that they are going to outlaw passing unless you use a turn signal.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get away from him, even during racing season, he's still there.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk about a wild ride. I saw it when first broadcast.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".