Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Beware of pcbcomicsandsports on Ebay

Teri12357Teri12357 Posts: 32 ✭✭

On 1/18/23 I won 3 auctions from this seller in Florida with only “front” scans. 51 Bowman Clyde King #299, 51 Bowman Paul Richards #195 and 51 Bowman Johnny Wyrostek #107. The King and Wyrostek have wax stains on the back and the Richards has a print line right through the face of Richards. Cards have been returned and are back up on eBay and just sold today with none of this mentioned. I just received the 1881 James Garfield H602 in Nm/Mt only see this card came out of an album with paper loss on the back. Someone spent $1100 on the Lincoln from this set and will probably be not very happy!! My card goes back out tomorrow. Now on my do not buy from list.

Marc

Comments

• Options

Wow!! Got a refund after posting this here. Card still goes out tomorrow back this Ebayer. Feel sorry for the people that got taken again today on my wax stain returns.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn’t see the print line on Richards’ face? My honest opinion is that you take an inherent risk when you buy vintage cards without seeing the back.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

It was faint on the original listing. Didn’t have prior issues with this seller until recently. I get the overgrading, but you can simply return the item if not satisfied. But relisting the same crap I sent back with stains as Nm/Mt again? Bad on them. Keep an eye on my 1881 H602 Garfield that I sent back today when it hits eBay again the following week. Because I am!!

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭

I have purchased from that seller before. I don't typically buy a lot of high prices stuff, so my experiences have been just fine. I am not worried about conditions as long as the cards appeal to me and I pay what I think is a fair price.

Did you ever ask for scans/pics of the backs?

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

No backs no purchase. That is my policy.

• Options

I let it slide on no backs as prior dealings were good on vintage. But he has gone off the rails now. He just relisted a 1936 R312 Mickey Cochrane that sold for $332 on 1/24 and now is back up for sale again today. Same card … out of reg half way down left side of card.This is becoming a pattern.

• Options

Why not submit it if it’s that good. He has sold PSA cards on his site in the past. Why would you leave money on the table, I was once asked.