Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: Two PCGS graded, attractively toned 1956 Proof Nickels

Looking for two of these slabbed, toned nickels (preferably PF66 and higher) that would be placed into two toned 1956 Proof Sets that I am assembling (I have two sets with all coins except the nickels).

If you have any that you would part with, let me know by PM.

Thanks, SanctionII

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2023 5:52AM

TTT.

Yesterday I sent an email to a supposed "seller" recommended by spaceheart2020 (who sent me a PM and whom I did not know was to be avoided).

This seller responded saying he had two 1956 proof Jefferson nickels to immediately sell me (Cert #s 81623042, 41286038) and what would I pay for them. These two nickels are a PF69 DCAM and a PF68+ DCAM, both blast white, that were sold by Legend in late 2021 for big, big, big $$$$ to what I suspect are separate Registry Set collectors.

I replied saying I was looking for attractively toned, non Cameo/non DCAM PCGS graded coins that I would pay modest $ for. I also said that if he actually owned these two coins and wanted to sell them, he should consign them to one of the big auction houses for sale at an auction held before a global audience. I told him that trying to sell them in the manner he was put him at risk for being taken advantage of by a buyer who knows the subject matter better than he does (and that he should not leave money on the table when selling coins such as these).

As of today I have not heard back from him. I wonder why.