Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ebay fee question

ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
edited January 29, 2023 10:47PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Been selling on ebay for 25 years. Currently have over 7,100 positive feedback with 100% rating, So a little over a month ago I noticed an increase in my fees. Got to to checking and found they were charging me an extra 6% for being below standard. The reason was I used the out of stock/broken reason for cancelling an order one too many times. It was like 2.1% of the time. Ok not a big deal so I will wait a month and be back to above standard. That happened on Jan. 20th, back to Above Standard. Ebay continued to charge the 6% so I said ok maybe if it was listed before Jan. 20th they will still charge me. Nope today I had items end that were listed Jan. 22nd. Still charging the extra 6%. Will this extra fee ever go away? Anyone else have this happen to them. Never knew this was a thing and probably just chose the wrong reason. Just another way for ebay to bleed you I guees. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a classic question for ebay assistance thru customer service.... via a phone call~ but like you and so many others, myself included ~ WE dont want to play phone hockey with Ebay customer service.... it's a stigma for this company.... I do not have an answer for you regarding this question..... but the fact they did not alert you prior to this 6% fee creates ill will ~ as it should for a steadfast seller like yourself. I feel your frustration and its the main reason I left ebay as a seller and acquiesced to consignors.... NO surprises and higher sales results has been my experience.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Thanks ScoobyDoo2- finally got someone on the phone and they could not answer why the fees were continued but to their credit they did give me back the 6% fees they collected from the 20th on. Will wait and see what hapoens on the next sale. 👍