Home Sports Talk
Options

NBA

olb31olb31 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a Celtic fan and I usually watch there games when they are on ESPN on TNt, etc. I watched the ending of the Heat game a few nights ago and the ending of the Lakers game last night. Both ended really strangely.

1) heat - with 5 seconds left down by 2, Tatum decided to throw a pass clear across the court instead of shooting a three. The pass was horrible, it went right to Tyler Herro, who then made 1 foul shot for a three point victory. Line on the game was Heat by 2 1/2. If Tatum launches the three and misses, there'a a good chance ends with the spread at 2.

2) Lakers - with 11 seconds and a time out left down by 5, the lakers walked the ball up the court tossed it around for a few seconds and then made a three with 1.5 seconds left. They then fouled. The celtics made both foul shots to go up by 4. Then with .6 seconds left the lakers used their final time out. Threw up a three and missed. final score was 4 for the celtics. Line 6 1/2. If the lakers shoot quickly when done by 5 with 11 seconds and missed the chance would have been boston could have made 2 free throws and won by 7.

Conspiracy theory I know but when you watched both take place, it looked a little strange.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 11:39AM

olb31, I do not follow the NBA. I haven't watched a game in 32(?) years. I was a U.C.L.A. and Lakers fan long ago....I know NOTHING about the NBA today...I have zero interest. For many reasons....But, recently a person who I respect and who would know, told me that the game is fixed.....Vegas Baby! And, one of my sons has been a long time season ticket holder for the Salt Lake Jazz(?) He did not renew his tickets for the current season because he said, "The games just don't look to be on the up and up....somethings going on."
    That's all I know...... Probably doesn't amount to anything.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

He did not renew his tickets for the current season because he said, "The games just don't look to be on the up and up....somethings going on."

hard to argue this with what transpired last night. go to the thread i created this morning and watch that vid. when a ref is standing a mere feet away and swallows his whistle when a player gets raked on the arm on his way to a game-winning layup, it can only be one of two things:

1) things are not on the up and up

2) the NBA hired Mr. Magoo