Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hand Cutting Help - 1962 Rekord Cassius Clay and Gong Magazine

I have several Swedish Record Journal cards and I do want to cut the Muhammad Ali one (with Kjell Jarlenius, too) and send it to PSA -- but I'm curious what equipment would you recommend? I have other SRJ cards that I could practice on, too ~

Should I simply cut it with a slide/guillotine (not sure which make) and then use a metal ruler and an X-Acto knife with the sides?

All comments are welcomed.

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Metal ruler and xacto knife. Use the Zirconium blades.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 4:22PM

Looks like there might be a crease to the right of clays name in th white. And also on the other side of his name. And next to his right side. If so I would honestly keep it whole.
    Cut if it is high grade. But if a crease I think the entire thing would be better to have.

• BartAllen2BartAllen2 Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 7:07PM

@handyman said:
    Looks like there might be a crease to the right of clays name in th white. And also on the other side of his name. And next to his right side. If so I would honestly keep it whole.
    Cut if it is high grade. But if a crease I think the entire thing would be better to have.

Hey thanks :3

I have to check but don't think it's a large crease ~

Cool.
    Just letting you know as it looks like a few creases in the main card. Most likely would grade a 2-3 even if perfectly cut. Me personally would rather have the full mag vs a Psa 2-3 example. Awesome item

• @handyman said:
    Cool.
    Just letting you know as it looks like a few creases in the main card. Most likely would grade a 2-3 even if perfectly cut. Me personally would rather have the full mag vs a Psa 2-3 example. Awesome item

Whoops you're right there's a crease, plus one across Ali's head eeeek :O I see, but I totally may cut it just to save the hassle of keeping it as it is ~

Sounds good.
    PSA 2-3s are like 250ish
    Plus grading shipping and other tools to cut it.
    Are you selling it or just wanting to cut and grade something?
    Keep it whole please

• @handyman said:
    Sounds good.
    PSA 2-3s are like 250ish
    Plus grading shipping and other tools to cut it.
    Are you selling it or just wanting to cut and grade something?
    Keep it whole please

Thanks a lot ~ Well to cut it (as a whole) and grade it to keep :3

• BartAllen2BartAllen2 Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2023 4:21AM

:3