Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you have to ask for NGC to use that new grading that goes to 10 ?

JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

?

Comments

  • Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Currently, only the bulk submitters can get NGCX slabs. They have not rolled it out to everyone.

  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Good. I don’t want it.

  • Options
    CircCamCircCam Posts: 236 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Behold, the newest sticker to call out the choicest 10’s (patent pending)

  • Options
    MS66MS66 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2023 4:05PM

    Thanks for the Spinal Tap reference!

    It was inevitable...

  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You can't copyright facts, nor a numerical sequence. You can copyright a selection of facts taken from a larger set (but what you are copyrighting is the selection).

    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    CircCamCircCam Posts: 236 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BStrauss3 said:
    You can't copyright facts, nor a numerical sequence. You can copyright a selection of facts taken from a larger set (but what you are copyrighting is the selection).

    Yes, was just messing around re: Spinal Tap as someone mentioned. I don’t think stickers of any kind will be necessary for this grading system but it’ll probably happen anyway.

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CircCam said:

    @BStrauss3 said:
    You can't copyright facts, nor a numerical sequence. You can copyright a selection of facts taken from a larger set (but what you are copyrighting is the selection).

    Yes, was just messing around re: Spinal Tap as someone mentioned. I don’t think stickers of any kind will be necessary for this grading system but it’ll probably happen anyway.

    You can trademark the sticker.

  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yup.

    You can copyright the sticker.
    You can trademark the sticker design.
    You can trademark the NGCX mark ... wait one ... yep (search for NGCX in TESS: https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/)
    You could even try filing for a design patent.

    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 10:43AM

    I wonder if jt will become the standard in the future?

  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 10:31AM

    The NGCX slabs are for material from 1968 I believe - NN coin market article. Lmk if this incorrect.

    Irregardless I would not pay more than MS70 money for a 10 NGCX.

    As far as rush to convert to NGCX slabs no interest in spending money on that.

    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cougar1978 said:
    The NGCX slabs are for material from 1968 I believe - NN coin market article. Lmk if this incorrect.

    Irregardless I would not pay more than MS70 money for a 10 NGCX.

    As far as rush to convert to NGCX slabs no interest in spending money on that.


    Source: https://www.ngccoin.com/specialty-services/ngcx-10-point-grading-scale/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file