Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Cards shows...

I have always liked going to card shows. But, its frustrating. There are many people that have cards I would be interested in, but the way they display the cards makes finding items i like/want really hard and time consuming. I am eager and willing to spend, but I have no patience to scan through thousands of cards aimlessly placed in 3000 or 5000 count boxes.

If you sale at shows, here are one or two things that will help you sale more stuff (imo):

1) Have structure. Sort by player or sort by year and make.
2) If you have vintage, put those in one box and put all the new cards in another. (vintage has no definition, just separate all the cards into a pile or two by age.
3) opening up new boxes and picking out a card or two and then throwing the rest in a 5000 count box for $1 a piece is pointless and a waste of your time and energy to even bring it.
4) Having a discount box is great. Just have all the cards for the same price or have stickers with the price on it. (once again sort it by vintage and new). I hate pulling out a bunch of cards from the discount box only to have the dealer go through each card and price each one.
5) preferably have your cards in holders (card saver I is my favorite) and have then sorted by player.

Make it easy for the buyers to find what they are looking for.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments